ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had my 1.2 16v rolling roaded

H22A7 Accord Type R

Had a bit of a RR bash today with a few of us! Mine went on first. Got to say it was a bit scary seeing the car booted stood still lol!!!!! anyways.........

78bhp @ 6105rpm..............80lb/ft torque at 4200rpm

Torque doesnt drop below 70lb/ft between 2500rpm, and 5600rpm.

The rollers seemed to be pretty accurate, as people were gettin as expected, and JimBob got bang on 75bhp in his 1.2 16v........im sure he will comment if he comes online. No Doubt Jim will go for an induction kit to beat me next time ;)

My mods.......jetex panel filter with modified air feed, and K-tec cat-back exhaust...........and looking at my torque graph, i now know why it changes note and pulls well at 4000rpm!!!! hehe......

*figures are at the flywheel.

Rob

This was at Well Lane Turbos in Batley, they do not provide power at the wheel. this is quite a popular RR centre though scoobynet and 200+ club always use them.

H22A7 Accord Type R

i dunno, but reno quote the car at 75bhp at the flywheel, so 78bhp at the flywheel gives me a +3 rise. was a good way to spend the morning!!! Ever heard a Civics v-tec kick in?????? AWESOME!!

erm, but you cant really tell what sort of BHP your really putting out if they dont even mention the wheel figure...........its a useless figure on its own.

H22A7 Accord Type R

best bit for me was finding out where my max power is at and my max torque. Certainly explains my post about what happens to a 1.2 16v at 4000rpm lol!!!!.........mine has 80lb/ft at it!

dont mean to sound naive but what is the difference between the power at the wheel and the power at the flywheel? are they very different?

yes.............

You test the power at the wheels, or rather the roller and this give you a real output figure. You then take into account rolling losses and correct (sometimes) for temp, barometric pressure, humidity blah blah and the computer or operator gives you a calculated and guestimated flywheel or actual engie output.........which really dont mean anything.

H22A7 Accord Type R

i will do mate, soon!!! (when i can be bothered cleaning all this sh*te from the scanner lol)

R30BC, ull still beat ur m8 if he had an induction kit! bcuz they dont do anything on RR, only suited for open road use where cold air will be flowing through the bonnet.

Lee

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah. we knew of cars would be close. 1.2 16v vs 1.4 8v. On the road, there is very little in it, apart from the clio being better in 5th gear on the motorway............... ;)

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah it was £25, but that was for a group bash! I never thought to mention it to you Rob (didnt want embarrassed more like lol). Yeah Fred, u n BamBam must have special ones!!! ;)