ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had to put her up for sale

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol your gf wanting a Range Rover, bigger but not practical when your spending a fortune constantly filling it up. I'd suggest something like a BMW 330d.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I Can see her point tbh you seen the size of pushchairs etc these days plus all the other crap that will no doubt *have* to be taken... :S

My G/F is also pregnant as well, so now have to get one sensible (ish) car as well now.. Bye bye Clio :eek:

Da

Less
Several months ago I managed to fit three kids (including seats), a pram, a cool bag containing picnic, the children's mother and myself in my 182...
The bloke nextdoor called it a Tardis! lol!

It's surprising how practical they are as a 'family' car ;)

Clio 172
I am on my second 172.my son is now 4 and i bought the other one when he was 2. I had a zetec s when he was first born and i've had plenty of other 3 door cars since he was born. Never found them a problem to be honest. Convince your missus. Definately be worth it

182 has now gone!
My friends little boys car seat fitted fine in the back of my 182, plenty of room for the buggie in the boot and shopping..

When I moved I managed to get my double mattress, a chest of drawers and bedside tables in it (not all at once!)..

Plenty of room... No need for a wag mobile!

1.5 Clio Dynamique
how about saying that should the baby become ill (touch wood it doesnt) then you will need something light, quick and nippy to rush it to the hospital............can never put your childrens life in danger for a larger car!

ITB'd MK1
i hope she doesn't want the range Rover because she thinks it's safer. ALL 4x4s perform very badly in safety tests.

I've put a child seat in a 205 gti, a 200sx s13, and silvia turbo s12, and none have been any trouble. It's easier to put a kid in a seat in a 3 door, the front seats fold forward and give you somewhere to perch

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Several months ago I managed to fit three kids (including seats), a pram, a cool bag containing picnic, the children's mother and myself in my 182...
The bloke nextdoor called it a Tardis! lol!

It's surprising how practical they are as a 'family' car ;)
I know there is a wink at the end and i'm not just saying this as it's a clio forum but they are epic at putting stuff in!

Absolutely no need to change cars. It's a ridiculous request imo.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
The Clio is big enough (IMO), I have 2 kids (one is almost 13months old) and the Clio has been perfect.

We had a pushchair/travelsystem that is so big, it was hard to get it out of the back door, but it folds down to a reasonable size and it used to fit in the boot perfectly (don't use it now as my daughter can walk) with shopping etc placed around it.

The Clio has a big boot considering the size of the car and isn't compramised by the rear wheel arches like on soem cars.

No real need to sell the Clio (IMO).

Audi S1
I give my sister lifts alot with her baby/pram and all the other bits and bobs.

It isn't the best car trying to cram the baby sit in but it fits

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I used to get the pram in the boot and child seat in the front or back in my old 172.OK it was tight yes,but there was no way i was giving up a little spirited drive for a child...lol

clio trophy No56
Ive always has 3 door cars with my kid from her being 4 to now 9.
GTI6
Clio Trophy

Never had any issues with any of them, its just a case of it taking a extra 10 seconds to move the seat forward to gain access to the rear seats then put it back again. As for boot space i just made sure i got a pram / pushchair that fitted into the boot.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Put your foot down and refuse to sell your clio :) Tell her some of the facts... it is better with the fuel than ANY range rover, cheaper to maintain etc e.g. servicing, sporty looking so you both look HIP :cool: OR... get 2 cars if you can afford it, you can use the clio for travelling to work etc and your missus can take the family car for her things