ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hairline crack on surface of engine block

Clio 16v Mk1 Phase 1
If any help can be given i shall appreciate it.

I am currently having my head gasket replaced on my Mk 1 Phase 1 L reg 16v Clio.
The head is off and Skimmed. The new head gasket set is ready and its all set to go back on.

But my mate currently doing the work has noticed a 3 hairline cracks around the head bolt threads on the surface of the block.
We believe this has happened due to the head warping when the gasket seal blew, due to overheating which has caused the head bolts to pull on the surface of the block creating these cracks.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this with there clio 16v and whether or not it is ok to go ahead with putting the head back on or i will require further works. i.e. a new engine???

If anyone can help i would appreciate it???

Thanks..

Richard

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
if the cracks arnt too bad then it might b ok u never know.

mybe;)

then mybe not ! get a new one from danlp6:quiet:

Dans seen how Neo's cracked the plugs stayed in Ben. Just broke the web between the back of the block and cylinders. Car was running fine to.