ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Advanced 2 ton low profile trolley jack

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Heads up - this isn’t on the website but down to £130 in some stores. With trade card it came down to £104.

By comparison, the non low profile mode is £200 and £160 on the card.

It’s a big heavy bugger but 3 year warranty and overkill for what I use it for.

ADA574D5-484E-4925-80B9-E24DD32556A5.jpeg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Heads up - this isn’t on the website but down to £130 in some stores. With trade card it came down to £104.

By comparison, the non low profile mode is £200 and £160 on the card.

It’s a big heavy bugger but 3 year warranty and overkill for what I use it for.

View attachment 1614979
My Mrs is currently looking for your head on a plate......

received_485946096625453.jpeg

received_801830994404012.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That looks brilliant. My sgs low profile has bent a little and shat it’s seals. Might go for this

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Me to

Attachments

• 2CCEAEBB-4B5B-44BD-9A2A-891F43F72009.png
    2CCEAEBB-4B5B-44BD-9A2A-891F43F72009.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 54
  Clio sport 172
That's the aluminium one, these guys are looking at the ultra heavy model. - https://www.halfords.com/tools/gara...low-profile-trolley-jack-with-pad-563126.html

I'm thinking of getting that alu one though, I want something I can carry about.
Hi, did you get the aluminium one? How do you like it?
I'm looking for one but it needs to be lightweight as I stay in a flat-so either another cheap one, or the fancy aluminium 🤔 my last cheap jack only lasted me a year 😅

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, did you get the aluminium one? How do you like it?
I'm looking for one but it needs to be lightweight as I stay in a flat-so either another cheap one, or the fancy aluminium 🤔 my last cheap jack only lasted me a year 😅
No I didn't yet, and everytime I use my old jack I regret not buying a new one 😂

Clio sport 172
No I didn't yet, and everytime I use my old jack I regret not buying a new one 😂
Hahaah, my jack started hissing at me, it's not even a year old! Crazy. I have an octavia too, and lots of work that needs done - looks like this year santa may be coming early with a decent jack 😅

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bought one of these today, having been after a low jack for a while.

Surprisingly, the Halfords website offered free delivery on it. I thought the delivery charge would have been fairly hefty, given its weight.

Clio sport 172
I went in store today, picked up the box but sadly, still to heavy for me 😭 advertised as only 19kg. I'll need to gym more. The 1.5 tonnes one seemed OK though, I can lift it by myself and I feel tempted.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I went in store today, picked up the box but sadly, still to heavy for me 😭 advertised as only 19kg. I'll need to gym more. The 1.5 tonnes one seemed OK though, I can lift it by myself and I feel tempted.
I'd like to see the 1.5T and 2T alu ones next to each other, I think the 1.5T has a much shorter reach.

Clio sport 172
I'd like to see the 1.5T and 2T alu ones next to each other, I think the 1.5T has a much shorter reach.
Yes the box of the 1.5t is smaller, and if I can I'll take a picture tomorrow as they were sitting on the same shelf 🙈 I'm only upgrading from a basic one so it's not really a problem for me, i still manage to find jacking points using the wee one, the 1.5t is slightly bigger already

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the box of the 1.5t is smaller, and if I can I'll take a picture tomorrow as they were sitting on the same shelf 🙈 I'm only upgrading from a basic one so it's not really a problem for me, i still manage to find jacking points using the wee one, the 1.5t is slightly bigger already
If you could take them out of the box that would be awesome 😆

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't know if you noticed? The aluminium 1.5 tonne only lifts 35.3cm. The aluminium 2 tonne lifts 47cm.
The low profile 2 tonne lifts 50.5cm which is better for me if I want to get under the car.
I've had mine for about 2 years now and it's been well worth the money.

Clio sport 172
I don't know if you noticed? The aluminium 1.5 tonne only lifts 35.3cm. The aluminium 2 tonne lifts 47cm.
The low profile 2 tonne lifts 50.5cm which is better for me if I want to get under the car.
I've had mine for about 2 years now and it's been well worth the money.
Oh true, unfortunately weight and portability is more important to me as I stay in a flat and will need to store it at home when I'm not using it 🥴 perhaps I'll find a different option, something lightweight that lifts higher. I'm going to see if they can replace my basic one, if not I'll keep looking