ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords auto centre - tyre deals

Clio 172 Sport
Has anyone every used Halfords auto centres before for tyres.

They are by far the cheapest around at the moment...looked up a pair of 195 45 16 Pirelli P zero nero's and they will do them for £98, including an automatic promo they have on for £10 off when buying a pair and fully fitted.

I figured the Pirelli's are the same where ever you get them from...just wondered if Halfords were any good fitting them?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I wouldn't use Halfords autocentre if it was half the price of everybody else . That's just because of a perosnal experience I had with them many moons ago . They'll probably spot a list of other jobs that they recommend need doing as they're removing your wheels .Have a search online , you'll probably find them cheaper .
Have you considered any other tyre or you're only interested in Pirelli P Zeros ? You can get Uniroyal Rainsport 3's in your size for about £56 delivered . They're a fantastic tyre in the wet/dry , pretty good in the recent snow we've had too . http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s94p...yres_-_16_inch_R16_inch_-_195_45_16_195_45R16

Listerine & Poledo
SO long as they can fit tyres and balance them without taking all the paint off of a wheel, I'll use anyone for tyres.
Remember that after buying from Camskill, you're still looking at around another £15 a corner to have them fitted and old carcasses disposed of.
Tyre Shopper seems to be decent for an all-in price for most tyres

Clio 172 Sport
Just went back on their website and it now doesn't work.

Rang them and they said they had royal messed up pricing on all tyres and won't sell them at the prices they have on the internet. They are in the process of fixing it and put all the prices up by 2pm...but naughty that they are technically advertising them at £98 for the pair still but it won't actually let you buy them at that price.

Listerine & Poledo
ha, well, that's that then.

Pricing errors on line are OK, provided the retailer corrects them swiftly upon recognising the error. They dont even have to honour any sales made at the incorrect price.

Suzuki Jimny
mail order then local garage with me charged a fiver to fit tyres

Really frustrates me when I read that, I tried 8 garages near me and the only one who would fit tyres not supplied by them charged me £72 to fit 4 tyres.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
sorry half asleep,local tyre place in my are fitted tyres off the net, bought rainsports off camskill,they fitted and balanced 2 tyres for £5,cant go wrong

Really frustrates me when I read that, I tried 8 garages near me and the only one who would fit tyres not supplied by them charged me £72 to fit 4 tyres.

The best way to approach that is to turn up on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning, parking up out the way and wandering in to the actual bays and asking a younger chap if he'd do you a deal for cash. What also helps, is if you turn up with the wheels and tyres in your boot so they can just wheel them in and sort them on the sly rather than you taking up a bay.

Track 172 Cup
Local to me only charge £7 a tyre that's if I turn up with them and they do the lot or £15 if it's a run flat. But for my tyres I'm lucky my brothers best mate works for ATS as a mobile fitter he doesn't charge me anything and won't even take anything if I offer it him anyway even punctures and my missus car tyres plus he gets me good deals and excellent part worns.

Always who you know lol

Not sure where about's you are based, but there's a place in Pontypridd called Sardis Road Tyres.
I used them for all my ConiSports 3s in my 182 and I'll be using them for my Bridgestone RE050s once salt season has finished as they're £2 more than Camskill and include the balancing and fitting.
They'll charge you about £7 per wheel to swap tyres around too when I used them with balancing and fitting etc.
Once you've factored in driving there and fuel it'll work out far cheaper :)