ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hancook ventus v12s?

I have, always used to run them but right now I'm not impressed - just bought a new set of 4 and they're REALLY soft (as in the sidewalls - when you turn it takes what feels like a second or 2 for the tyre to actually adjust, that or the sidewall is moving.. - must be the sidewall tbh as the grip is as good as ever.). Hoping this changes with a few more miles in them (done around 150 or so since fitting last week), feels really uneasy at 60+.

Usually I rate these 100% for the money, but atm I wouldn't recommend them anymore, unless these "bed" in (we shall see).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Have run these in 16" on the Clio and also for years in 17" on the scoob.

Great in the wet and very good in the dry.

Defo not soft.

Been.. Err.. Autobahn tested to silly figures and no worries what so ever.

Addicted.. Suggest you check your pressures dude.

Have run these in 16" on the Clio and also for years in 17" on the scoob.

Great in the wet and very good in the dry.

Defo not soft.

Been.. Err.. Autobahn tested to silly figures and no worries what so ever.

Addicted.. Suggest you check your pressures dude.

Pressures are correct and freshly fitted with tracking checked, as per my thread on them either there's a defect or something else funky going on :)

late 2003 172cup
I can vouch the hankooks are too flexy on walls, I did 1000 miles on two new ones, refitted to rear and still felt like jelly on rear. I have a turbo Clio, I would boot it then when I let off the car would veer to oneside, I could swerve white lines at 50-60mph before on michelins, now I would loose it!
I am buying some pilot 3's and I will eBay two part worn hankooks and two spanking new ones I won't fit now. Such a shame I wasted my time. And money !

Impreza Wagon
I've used them a few times and currently got some fitted on the front. First time around they didn't last long and did feel a little soft however this could have been down the incorrect pressures. I've now got them on the front again and they feel a lot better than last time, for the money it's a great all round tyre.

LY 182
i had them fitted to the rear of my 330, personally thought they werent that good at all, if you put your foot down the traction just seemed to always kick in. Got eagle f1's instead and cant praise them enough! amazing tyres.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Have them on the Cup currently and concur with @Addicted - very soft. Definitely the weakest point of my setup now.

Edit, I'll post up my Manuf. date later, if anyone else wants to just to compare?