ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hand brake light, ABS Light and stop light.

306 GTI-6. 172.
My 172 seems to be having a problem. For the last day my ABS light has been on this evening whilst driving back from a friends my STOP light and my handbrake light came on, and stayed on! This coupled with my ABS light being on has led me to believe that the fluid levels are low. As its dark I can't check this now so any other ideas what it could be? Before I check tomorrow.

I take it as it is the combination of lights mentioned above it is nothing to do with the engine.

Cheers for any help.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Abs might eithe be the Abs ring or a dodgey sensor,
Stop could be 2 things iirc, either your Water fluid is low or your oil, it will still say OIL OK on the clock when startin but doesnt nessecary mean its ok in the engine itself..

306 GTI-6. 172.
OK, cheers I have just had a quick look at the brake fluid levels and they seem fine so it isn't that. I didn't check the water or the oil levels though, will check those in the morning.

I'v only just purchased the car so I really hope it isn't something major.

306 GTI-6. 172.
Cheers. I took it to up the road to the local garage so they could have a poke around as well. Seems that it wasn't any of the levels. So I will be taking it back to the place I purchased ot from and they can sort it out.

Another thing the garage did point out there was a rusty type of water that looked like it had been sprayed onto the back of the engine and a little was on the bonnet, headgasket problems?

Just like to add I have no smoke or missfiring.

Toyota MR2
My abs light Serv light Hand break light and Stop light are all permanently on and its a problem with the rear abs solenoids or something. need a whole new unit. Cost= £950

Id get it plugged in asap =)

S4 Avant
Mines doing this at the moment as well, I'm hoping it's just the brake pedal sensor causing the ABS to keep kicking in, and then flashing the light up.

In regards to the hand brake light and stop light, you need to fill the brake fluid up, I can guarantee the level is below the minimum.

306 GTI-6. 172.
My abs light Serv light Hand break light and Stop light are all permanently on and its a problem with the rear abs solenoids or something. need a whole new unit. Cost= £950

Id get it plugged in asap =)

:eek:

How much!! Hope my warranty covers that if that is what it is!

With regards to the brake fluid levels they are not low in less I am being a bit slow and am looking at the wrong thing:D

Cheers for all the help.

S4 Avant
:eek:

How much!! Hope my warranty covers that if that is what it is!

With regards to the brake fluid levels they are not low in less I am being a bit slow and am looking at the wrong thing:D

Cheers for all the help.

You need to remove the engine cover, and be a contortionist to read the brake fluid level properly

306 GTI-6. 172.
Yep it was a pain in the ass to get to. Looked OK mind. Will see what the crack is on monday when I take it back. Won't be driving it until then mind.

Toyota MR2
mines still broken :D dont need abs. just dont slam on. Drive carefully and be aware. mines been like it for 3 months now. Getting it sorted next month. have an RAC warranty which is paying for most of it. still guna cost me 100 quid tho.

mines still broken :D dont need abs. just dont slam on. Drive carefully and be aware. mines been like it for 3 months now. Getting it sorted next month. have an RAC warranty which is paying for most of it. still guna cost me 100 quid tho.

Yeah but with your ABS light on, your braking is 50:50 and your rear brakes will wear more quickly.

306 GTI-6. 172.
I was thinking the same thing. Am getting it sorted tomorrow.

I haven't properly driven the car yet either!