ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Noise?

Ibis A3 BE
Hi all,

I have an 05 182 Cup and it's handbrake has begun to make a weird creaking noise. It occurs when the handbrake is on when stationary once you sit inside the car (moving around in the seat once in can even cause it). Plus it will occur when in the car in traffic with the handbrake on. It will act like it is settling, and then creak/ clonk every so often just when I'm sat there.

I am getting it into Reading Renault later this month and have listed this as one of a few problems. But the guy at the service desk (who app has a 182) mentioned that his does that and that in his 12,000 mile service he mentioned it and that nothing can be done about it. He still put it down on the list to be looked at when my car is in, but I was just wondering if anybody can throw any light on this matter. Has anybody else had this same problem? Know if anything can be done?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers, Rich.