ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake problem? Help ASAP please!

Mk1 16v
Apparently my handbrake rod has been adjusted to the full and was rusted so bad that when he tried to adjust it back it snapped :S

He has a new cable to go hoping that was just what it was but he said its not just a case of replacing the cable, the handbrake system looks like one whole unit which will probably have to be replaced :S

If anyone is with me, could you shed some light on it? is this the case? prices? and will any mk1 unit fit? its a mk1 ph1 1.8 16v.

Rich.

first of all find the r****d that touched the rod and smack him sensel all the time I get retards coming in saying my handbrakes shite I adjusted it at the lever... Thats why you moron.

Anyway

yes the whole lever needs to be replaced, 2 10mm nuts hold it to the floor. All the levers are the same from 1.2 - williams. New one is abotu 20 quid though.

2 new cables are about 15 quid and need done every 3 -5 years.

never dick about with the lever adjustment under the floor.