ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handing Car Back - Mods?

182 McSportius
Hello,

We're thinking of handing the car back to the finance company as we are past the halfway point and the trade-in value is still quite a bit shy of the owed amount.

There's quite a few mods on the car - most were on it when we bought it, but not listed anywhere not even in the sales ad.

Should we be looking to swap those with people for OEM bits or will the finance company take it anyway?

Has anyone had experience of giving car back half-way thru finance? Particularly interested what happens about scuffed wheels (it's the missus' car LOL :p)

Cheers

2014 Clio 200t edc
What bits are we talking about? It's probably hit and miss and down to the finance assessor that comes out? Someone will be willing to swap for OEM bits, I might be too. ;)

182 McSportius
They said it had to be in reasonable condition - i didn't ask them about the mods because if it is a problem I didn't wanna flag it up LOL

Bits are manifold, decat, k-tec induction, and magnex catback boxes. Also just had some brandnew mintex dimple and slash discs which have done 200 miles tops.

Kerbing etc they just expect.

I guess it depends on the mods. Some coloured badges/Cup spoiler they'll barely notice.

On its arse, massive exhaust, new wheels and bucket seats.. They might notice those. Lol.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Exhaust they might not notice, and other bits I wouldn't worry about apart from the decat if there's the warning light on. I would swap you my standard discs for yours ;)

182 McSportius
I have a codereader to reset the CEL before they pick it up lol. It tends to stay off for a few weeks. Would be happy for you to swap the discs once we know what's happening

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cool, id be up for that. I looked at doing it once, but never did. I guess the code reader will def make its use! Lol

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I would say they would notice, Inductions easy to change over, discs stand out to me at least, vocally exhaust is obvious and de cats are illegal 91 onwards if the vehicle had one fitted from standard. Look at your contract.

Clio 182 arctic
I would be more concerned about getting finance of any sort in the future. You do realise that your credit score will be seriously affected by handing the car back.
How much short of the outstanding balance is the trade in price. Ifs its only a few hundred quid I would try to sell the mods and get cheap originals, after all if you are trading it in you don't need to worry about them lasting.

182 McSportius
It shows on your credit as settling early, 2x financial advisors have confirmed that much as i was concerned about it.

The thing is with the exception of the Miltek (oops said magnex earlier) catback, all the other mods were on it when we bought it from the dealer so that makes it a bit of an odd case