ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankooks

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Now, I have Hankooks on my 182 and, they're pretty dissapointing in the wet. In the dry, awesome. In the wet, theyre downright dangerous, even at low speeds. Anyone else found this?

Now, I have Hankooks on my 182 and, they're pretty dissapointing in the wet. In the dry, awesome. In the wet, theyre downright dangerous, even at low speeds. Anyone else found this?

Which Hankooks in particular?

I've got the Ventus V12 Evo's and I find they are fairly progressive in both wet & dry conditions on my 182.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I have these too, and think they are pretty poor in the wet. Although the gf has them on her mini and they seem a lot better

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I had V12 evo's on my 172, and they were pretty awesome, especially in the wet. I remember doing llandow with them and overtook pretty much everything else there.

I found them s**t. Walls to soft in the dry (tried many different psi).

And scary in the wet!!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I also ran the Hanks on my 172 in 195/50/16 but I had the S1 Evo (I believe the Ventus V12 is only available in 205/45/16) and they were nothing short of brilliant in both dry and wet conditiins and only found they suffered below 4°c... not as good as the PE2's but not the same price either.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
I had V12s on my old Bean and I have to echo what Mick said.

It's true about the sidewalls being quite soft but for spirited road driving, I couldn't fault them.

​As for wet driving, well, even with the best wet road tyre in the world, I'd still be exercising the same caution as I did on V12s TBH.

You will find worse tyres which are more expensive.

FF 182
Have the Ventus V12's all round on my 182. I like them, brilliant in dry, and pretty good in the wet also. Only grumble is the sidewalls seem pretty soft. Think i run mine 34psi front and 31psi rear. Tried a few psi combo's and pretty happy with the way they are.

Cup In bits
I also ran the Hanks on my 172 in 195/50/16 but I had the S1 Evo (I believe the Ventus V12 is only available in 205/45/16) and they were nothing short of brilliant in both dry and wet conditiins and only found they suffered below 4°c... not as good as the PE2's but not the same price either.

+1 for s1 evo's in that size, good road tyre. Reasonable track tyre in wet but can't go a near a dry track without them melting.