ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hard drive help

I've acquired some Seagate Constellation ES 2Tb drives from the IT guy at work, they were previously used in an HP server. He said something about needing the firmware changing so they could be used for general storage - anyone able to provide an idiot proof guide on what I need to do? Model number is ST32000644NS. Thanks CS.

Firmware? I'm assuming you mean format?

Are you plugging it into another machine or going to pop it in an external case to use as a portable?

If you've got a PC to run it in, it should have a spare bay, power supply and SATA cable. Just plug it in and format it to NTFS.

Firmware? I'm assuming you mean format?

Are you plugging it into another machine or going to pop it in an external case to use as a portable?

If you've got a PC to run it in, it should have a spare bay, power supply and SATA cable. Just plug it in and format it to NTFS.

Could have sworn he said firmware. Perhaps I misheard. I've already put them in the PC, hooked them up to sata and power, but they don't register. Hope they're not dead.

Probably made a bit of a tool of myself - it's been a long day. I just checked in disk management and they were there, unallocated. Formatted and now got space for all my 1080p p**n.