ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hardwearing tyres?

A SHED!
I need some new tyres for my 172 cup, now im looking for tyres which perform but must also last longer than 5k etc as i use the car daily for work etc. I was looking at the toyo t1-rs, however after seaching, its seems they dont last that longer? Any recommendations? and cheapest places to get them. cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What tyres won't last 5000 miles??!

If all you do is the daily commute a set of Conti's/Michelins/Goodyears should last you a good 10k!

Tav

Clio 197
I've worked my PE2's hard and they have lasted 12k miles...just. No track days though. I'd consider that quite short for a 'regular' car but for a performance car it's quite good.

2002 Cup172
swap your fronts to the back and vice versa, to get that bit longer out of them if ya dont want to relax on driving style.

Failing that contisport contact 2's are a good bet

A SHED!
swap your fronts to the back and vice versa, to get that bit longer out of them if ya dont want to relax on driving style.

yea swapped the fronts to back, my driving style isnt hard. Just they were okish when i bought it, 4k later and its about time new ones were bought.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

What a f**king shite idea! Always keep the best tires on the back :approve:

Tav

Clio 197
The front tyres do most of the braking, steer and put the power down, I'll be keeping the best ones there please.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The front tyres do most of the braking, steer and put the power down, I'll be keeping the best ones there please.

Yeah you are completely missing the point of my it is done. There is more weight at the front, so it's easier for the tyres to move the water. Under heavey braking, the rear lifts up, and the tyres can't move water as well, hense why it's best to have more tread at the rear. But carry on, I look forward to your 'Back end let go on a roundabout' thread.

TBH its so easy to pull a front wheel drive car out from oversteering I'd always rather have the s**t tyres on the back.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Michelin Primacy last very well and the grip is more than good enough for the road and fast driving.

I had them on my 172.