ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harey's 200

clio 200
Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on here for many years and now i'm back in a Clio I need to take part more.

I had a Clio 172 several years ago and was smitten. It was a massive leap forward from the Saxo VTS's i'd had before.

28967553158_ca90907569.jpg
172 on Rota Slipstreams by Jon Hare, on Flickr

I have had a few of different cars between then and now including a Panda 100hp and an Impreza.

I work on an industrial estate which has a car sales place on it who always have interesting low mileage cars and I always take a lunchtime wander past just to see what he has. A month or so ago I walked past and saw a Clio 200 and thought I had to have it. A couple of days later finances were sorted and I drove it away.

It has had 1 owner before me and has just clocked 60k. The service book is all stamped up and the Recaro seats and the steering wheel look like new.

Today, after owning for about a week I gave it it's first proper clean and machine polish. I have also added some wind deflectors and some "fitted" seat covers.

41028903450_5b73be7629.jpg
200 side by Jon Hare, on Flickr

42791020912_9fc2715a3a.jpg
200 rear by Jon Hare, on Flickr

41898439194_831ce48a81.jpg
Clio Recaro by Jon Hare, on Flickr

41898437004_98d3e33b6b.jpg
Clio vent by Jon Hare, on Flickr

I'm still not sure about the seat covers but I can take them off for special occasions. I have also taken the back seats out, It does sound better but I might put them back in.

I'm going to fit some H&R springs soon and then not sure to leave it alone or keep doing little bits???

Thanks

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car looks lovely. What do the seat covers look like out of interest?