ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

harnesses with back seats still in

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i want to upgrade at bucket seats in the future with harnesses but dont want to fully loose the use of the back seats, now would it be possible to run the rear of the harnesses inbettwen the cracks in the back seats, (without putting wholes in them). i would then keep my standard seatbelts aswell then when someone wants to use the back i can unhook the rear of the harnesses and use my standard seatbelt in the meanwhile.

any thoughts?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Harnesses on the road are a ball ache, also i guess you want buckets that till if you want to keep the rear seat? If so i wouldnt bother with harnesses at all.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
problem with that plan is,

my harnesses are bolted into the holes where the seatbelt clips used to be,
so you can have the rear seats in, but no seatbelts, (MOT fail). I did this for a while until i just did away with the rear seats anyway, (i avoided using them most of the time)

only other place to bolt them on would be the iso fix bar mounting points, but then the harness would have to go all the way under the rear seats.

probs wouldnt be very safe if you were to have an accident.

Also, if you have buckets in the front, how do you intend on getting people in the back?? or getting them out in the event of a crash, will be an MOT fail for sure.

Renault Sport Clio 182
^^ agreed, like withoutabix said, the fun wears thin quickly when trying to pay for food or petrol at a drive through, and getting a ticket from a parking machine, or just wanting to move around in the cabin.

however if you were to get them, take the back seats out and use the rear seatbelt mounts.