ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harnesses

I bought TRS Magnums, 3" belt 4 point, and I've just bought crotch belts to make them 5 point. £186 a pair from Montgomery motorsport, most places charge £120+ each for them!
E8A4005F-9760-469D-BA5C-95B2B1391A06_zps1oes8tc3.jpg

I use the 3" TRS 4 Point harnesses. Couldnt want any more from a harness at this stage in all honesty.. Initially had them going to harness eyelets in the rear before I got a rollcage which isn't pleasant as they pull you down. Now they are looped around the Harness bar of my cage they are perfect

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I use the 3" TRS 4 Point harnesses. Couldnt want any more from a harness at this stage in all honesty.. Initially had them going to harness eyelets in the rear before I got a rollcage which isn't pleasant as they pull you down. Now they are looped around the Harness bar of my cage they are perfect
Do your harnesses have the clip in ends? how have you mounted the lap straps at either side? I know the our seatbelt rail can be used as a mounting point for one side - did you thread the eye bolt into the bolt hole?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I bought TRS Magnums, 3" belt 4 point, and I've just bought crotch belts to make them 5 point. £186 a pair from Montgomery motorsport, most places charge £120+ each for them!
E8A4005F-9760-469D-BA5C-95B2B1391A06_zps1oes8tc3.jpg

Just seen your thread mate, like where the harnesses go :) What threaded eye bolts did you require for the side belts and the rear? Mine came with some but not sure which ones I require.

Cheers

Just seen your thread mate, like where the harnesses go :smile: What threaded eye bolts did you require for the side belts and the rear? Mine came with some but not sure which ones I require.

Cheers

the harnesses come with unf eye bolts, I used one with a nut to attract to my seat base which has a tab welded on, then you need an M10 to screw into the car where the or belt was bolted :smile:
The rears are the standard unf eyelets into the or mounting points

Clio 172 (CUP)
I have some 3" TRS 6 point's that are looped to the cage harness bar at the rear. The lower four points I followed the MSA guidelines for angles and bolted all four through the floor pan in to spreader plates that have the nuts pre-welded. If you buy the plates from e.g. demon tweaks, just make sure you buy the matching type plates for the thread type on your eyelets.