ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harsh ride

Clio 182
My car feels harsher of late, it’s lowered on 40 mms, but the rear suspension feels harsh, and makes a bumpy noise when I go over humps coming from the rear right.

Anyone know what this could be?

Clio 182
Nah the wheels shouldnt be catching the arhway, i bought the car lowered and have been dring the car for over 7 months without any probelms until now, the car is alot bumpier on roads now, u can feel it alot.

Nah the wheels shouldnt be catching the arhway, i bought the car lowered and have been dring the car for over 7 months without any probelms until now, the car is alot bumpier on roads now, u can feel it alot.

Check the dampers I'd guess one has leaked then usualy the rear ones.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
is it a squeak or a bump. my cars just started squeaking alot over bumps at the same side at the back

Clio 182
nah definately you hear a bump sort of noise when i go over bump or certern type of roads brings the sound out more, its hard to describe but sounds like something is out of place.

Check the dampers I'd guess one has leaked then usualy the rear ones.

ditto, but if your not sure what your doing just take it to a garage to get it checked out

Clio 182
had a look on the rear one where noise is coming from, looks like very greasy, guess this what is meant by leak.

Would i need to change this straightaway and do i need to do the pair or can i get away with just changing one of them?

had a look on the rear one where noise is coming from, looks like very greasy, guess this what is meant by leak.

Would i need to change this straightaway and do i need to do the pair or can i get away with just changing one of them?

Always replace both sie.

£100 or so from Renault for a set.

Try replace it ASAP its there for a reason and willget rid of the problem. Its just good practice to fix cars when there broken.

Clio 182
thanks mate, will get this looked at over the weekend. and thanks to everyone out there for their advice.

cheers