ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has Anyone got a Clio Gordini

260% JCW
Renault putting the Gordini badge on a Clio is just a marketing tool, lets tart it up, spec it up a bit (most of the stuff by the way you can have on the normal 200 and the bits you cant ie blue wheels, blue leather ect most people wouldnt want) give it a iconic name and see how many we can sell.

No ones doubting that its a 200 underneath.

Swift Sport
Fair play to Curley for making a valid point, however the styling is enough to put me off. I'd consider one if I could get one cheap, but I'd have to bin the stripes and the wheels right away!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I give up. You're totally missing the point, as Warren said.

No one has ever doubted it's a great car underneath, we're just saying that the Gordini brand should be more about performance-enhancing than a mere (poorly-executed) styling exercise. It's the same story with the Gordini 133, it's just awful.

The 200 and 133 are superb cars, I've driven a couple of 200's at length and own a 133. No one is doubting the fact the 200 Gordini is a Clio 200.

You bought a Gordini and you're happy with it. Fair play, we know you had your reasons. Again, no arguments there.

Mercedes
I give up. You're totally missing the point, as Warren said.

No one has ever doubted it's a great car underneath, we're just saying that the Gordini brand should be more about performance-enhancing than a mere (poorly-executed) styling exercise. It's the same story with the Gordini 133, it's just awful.

The 200 and 133 are superb cars, I've driven a couple of 200's at length and own a 133. No one is doubting the fact the 200 Gordini is a Clio 200.

You bought a Gordini and you're happy with it. Fair play, we know you had your reasons. Again, no arguments there.

Agreed 100% At the very least the Gordini should have cup pack as standard, after all its meant to be the ultimate clio 200

Italian 3.2 V6
Mr pants - no, as far as I'm aware it's only difference is cosmetic options which can't be spec'd on a regular 200/cup. Nothing to do with chassis or engine has been altered.

How much do Gordinis go for new?

If i was the OP i would save a few pennies and go for a standard 200 with cup pack. I think a lot of the early Gordinis were purchased as the waiting time was a lot shorter than the wait for a new 200 to be built.

I ordered one Clio Gordini full full optional the 15 of November 2010.....I'm still waiting....I think March will be mine......
Have you change your mind about the shorter waiting time? ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
apart from original wheels and blue gear gaitor i think there nice. i do see what renault have done. there catering for a broader range of customers. cup for the thrills, FF for a range of ages and comfort then a higher end with high spec and exclusiveness .

120d M Sport
Lets be honest here, 90% of normal people haven't got a clue what Gordini means. I'm sure there are plenty of enthusiasts out there who don't know what Gordini means.

It's not exactly a travesty that the name has been attached to something that isn't a hardcore homologation special so let's not get too carried away.

At the end of the day it's still a Clio 200 which is arguably the best small sized hot hatch out at the moment, with a few go faster bits / improved spec that some people will like.

I actually like Curleys with the black speedlines, blue white and black should not go at all but it looks quite smart, in a brash boyracerish way!

GTD, Lupo
Gorms said:
I think a lot of the early Gordinis were purchased as the waiting time was a lot shorter than the wait for a new 200 to be built.

I ordered one Clio Gordini full full optional the 15 of November 2010.....I'm still waiting....I think March will be mine......
Have you change your mind about the shorter waiting time? ;)

Not really one of the earlier made Gordinis is it?? :approve: People were being told they would have to wait 4-5 months for a normal 200 to be built but there was a fair amount of Gordinis already built at the time. Think it was around July time.

Clio RS200 GW
Gorgeously stunning fella.

Yeah, disgusting! Should be burnt.

5367344064_215c056375.jpg

_DSC2907_2 by Curley89, on Flickr

NuneatonMeet013.jpg

NuneatonMeet019.jpg

NuneatonMeet018.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I have to agree with the masses here-

the gordini isnt worthy of the price tag or the badge- What is it new>-? 18/19k... For what exactly-
Dodgy paint colour- of which it should ideally be racing blue-
Over styling - what is with the white paint everywhere-
those wheels- my eyes my eyes ( at least curley has speedlines)

To be honest- Id rather shell out arond 15/16k on a Storm grey or LY with all the trimmings inc cup pack, recaros etc etc- You would still have 3/4k left to retrim the whole interior with the plush stitched renaultsport recaros which look a MILE better than the Gordini interior-

My advise-

Dont buy a gordini- £ for £ the residuals may be higher- but at best only on a par with the price you pay extra initially-
Buy a 1 owner car to the above spec-
Adams look nice & needs to retain the coilovers- or of course an LY....

However all that said Id keep all the money & buy an r27.... or possibly a slightly cheaper specced 200 Cup

on that note I would have actually bought this
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2380321.htm

How can you compare the gordini trim to that-
S