ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has ANYONE on here acually had....

Clio 197

A 182 delivered, with no major problems so far?

Me :D

12000 trouble free miles (clunk on overrun is "normal")

Not a mark on the car when I picked it up.

Sold due to being not suited for motorway miles (too loud!).

Ive had mine sine March, delivered early, unmarked and no probs so far at 12k. The first service was fun but the car is great.

P

peterh2

How noisy are they at motorway speeds?

My local Renault dealer didn’t seem to want to let me have a test drive so eventually I have just ordered one without a test drive. Get it in 8 weeks, but I do a fair few motorway miles and was hoping it would be fine for this…

P

peterh2

Today :D

It’s a company car so I’m getting it in black gold but unfortunately was not able to get any of the cup packs.

Its not THAT noisy....

anyway, the faster you go...the louder the radio turns itself up...!!

(if you still have "ye old factory fitted")

Dont mean to put a downer on things.
But is that brand new factory order?

If it was , i think you may be in a bit of an upset regarding the delivery date.

I ordered mine start of August, its coming on the 5th November (suposedly).
Alymac ordered theirs mid Sept, its coming Decemeber,
Toypop ordered his in June, it came today lol.

Just a little warning thats all :)

P

peterh2

Thanks for letting me know… did think the dealer was quite ambitious but he seemed very confident that they will get it within 8 weeks. Will just have to see I should be getting a confirmed delivery date tomorrow.

What’s this about the radio automatically getting louder the faster you go? Sure this didn’t happen in my mums 172.

Also it says the xenon’s have auto height adjustment what exactly does this do?

it blinds people....youll get the occasional flash from other road users..!

[Edited by Kiev85 on 12 October 2004 at 11:34pm]

The radio turns itself up the faster go go and vice versa...I had to activate it, so it doesnt come with it on....

Not sure about the radio.
But Xenons in this country need to have auto levelling by law.
Otherwise if the road , or car load tips the balance in the car you could dazzle some other road user.

P

peterh2

Did the Renault factory not close down for a bit? This could be the reason people have been waiting a fair bit longer than I have been quoted?

The advantage of having it as a company car is I have managed to get it on a 12 month deal so I wont feel to bad about using it properly knowing I can just give it back!

Yaris Hybrid

Sorry omar but my car has no clunk on overrun so yours is/was faulty! Mine is not loud at 70 either. Dunno wtf clarkson was on about, it is a very quiet car especially as it runs very well at 1.5k rpm. Xenon lights are overhyped, didnt seem much better than standard lights?

Oh yeah I have found another fault but this one I predicted.

Drivers one touch electric window isnt set-up!

Thats on top of:

Cracked and wonky splitter

Grey paint on drivers door

Scratched dash insert

Condensation in the headlamps

Missing tyre foam

Ripped tax disk holder so that the disk will keep falling out

On top of that lot there is the engine management light problem which has been fixed.

All of those faults occured before delivery!!!!!!! Wonder what it will be like after 1000 miles?!?

EP3 Civic Type R

im not sure about others but from what ive read on here I would be reluctant to purchase a Clio 182.... im going for a CTR next year instead

Sorry to hear about all your problems toypop, if it makes things slightly better the headlamps will always get condensation in them as theyre not sealed units.

106gti97, I think pretty much all cars come with some kind of problem be it very minor or more serious, the CTR certainly has its fair share of problems, from people ive spoken to.

I can understand your frustration toypop, i think if can get a good dealer to put these faults right asap then youre in for a treat as i dont think you can buy anything for the money that will rival the driving experience.

Stu.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Stu on 13 October 2004

Sorry to hear about all your problems toypop, if it makes things slightly better the headlamps will always get condensation in them as theyre not sealed units.
this may be true but I have never had this happen to mine or any other 182 I have looked at.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 12 October 2004

Sorry omar but my car has no clunk on overrun so yours is/was faulty! Mine is not loud at 70 either. Dunno wtf clarkson was on about, it is a very quiet car especially as it runs very well at 1.5k rpm. Xenon lights are overhyped, didnt seem much better than standard lights?
What speed are you travelling at to be at 1.5k rpm, are you sure you havent got a diesel;) You did say the performance wasnt up to much!

Mine is loud at motorway speeds but I have the stereo on so it doesnt bother me!

Drivers one touch electric window isnt set-up!

Thats on top of:

Cracked and wonky splitter

Grey paint on drivers door

Scratched dash insert

Condensation in the headlamps

Missing tyre foam

Ripped tax disk holder so that the disk will keep falling out

On top of that lot there is the engine management light problem which has been fixed.

All of those faults occured before delivery!!!!!!! Wonder what it will be like after 1000 miles?!?

With the exception of the engine management light, all of them faults are down to the dealer/handler. So its not really the car itself at fault.

R26

Having just got my 182 in Septemer I have had no problems other than a slightly rattly windscreen blower vent. Apart from this its GREAT!

On the subject of motorway driving - I drive 75 miles roundtrip per day 5 days a week and I can honestly say that it is not that noisy at all on the motorway, so much so that I think I actually want it to be slightly louder. It just gives a little growel when you put your foot down above 50 ish but nothing too much. Its so much fun (even on the motorway) that I just dont want to get out of it when I get to work and I can never wait till lunchtime so I can get another shot in it.

The only car I have enjoyed driving more than the 182 was a Porsche 911 Tiptronic. That includes my old 19 16v and my current V70 2.4 which hardly gets driven at all now - its a motorway cruiser but I cant stop using the 182.

Condensation in the headlamps......

I have had both of mine replaced due to this problem. I know it mentions something in the book about it but mine were so heavily condensed it was a joke. Now all is well..................

Rob.

Yaris Hybrid

phunkey is right, my car was a good car until the dealer got his hands on it. I am not even certain that the engine management light came on, looks even more likely now that the dealer had damaged the car and used that as an excuse.

Its the dealers and everyone else that handles the car between the factory and delivery to the customer that are letting the side down.

Only noise i get on the motorway is a fair bit of wind noise but apart from that it is fine . As for problems my 182 seems better than my old MK2 172 2002 which went back in for a new exhaust then a new cat then it had a new dash top and then a new seatbolster and lower seat cover i finally got shut when they said it needed new gearbox mounting bushes and had to have it in for 2 days and take out the gearbox that was enough for me . Could have been i got a monday morning car ...

Yaris Hybrid

My headlights are clear of condensation now so I wont ask them to look at them tomorrow as its not like they will see anything.

Like ESCOBAR my windscreen heater vent creaks like b*tch at 40mph+ on rough roads like that high grip tarmac.

Its annoying but is it worth getting the dealer to look at tomorrow? I wouldnt want them to make it worse or damage the dash... Is it likely they could fix it?

Yaris Hybrid

Especially those with fairly new cars...

Ive only just discovered the screen vent rattle because firstly I am driving slowly during the run-in period and secondly I cant go out to far away on the faster country roads because if I get a puncture I would be stranded - due to the stolen tyre weld!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 13 October 2004

im not sure about others but from what ive read on here I would be reluctant to purchase a Clio 182.... im going for a CTR next year instead
I can never quite understand comments like that.As has been said many times before,people dont tend to visit internet forums to post they have had no problems with their car.