ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone returned a mobile in the 14 day period before?

An orange one
I got a new iPhone 6S on o2 a week past Saturday and I'm just not getting on with it. I had doubts about the phone as I've never really liked the 6/6S but buying one has just confirmed that for me it's too big. I should have waited for the 5SE which was my original plan.

The phone has been used obviously but is in perfect unmarked condition and I have all boxes and receipt etc. Can I really just walk into o2 before this Saturday and hand it back and get a refund? What use is the phone to them etc? I've never done this before so was just wondering if it was really straight forwards.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I sort of done this.
I had a NEW phone on contract. Decided I didn't like it so swapped it for another.
What happened was though that the phone I got sent was an AS NEW phone and wasn't in the original box.
Really annoyed me that.

An orange one
I just want to return it, get my £109 back that I paid (I'm sure he said I was entitled to that when i got it) and go back to my 5S on simplicity until the 5se comes out, it's about a month. I think this would be much easier if the new phone was already out. But then I'd have gotten it in the first place :(

I'm reading reports online that say the phone I'm returning must be in as new condition but some say this means all plastic protectors etc still on l??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I got a new iPhone 6S on o2 a week past Saturday and I'm just not getting on with it. I had doubts about the phone as I've never really liked the 6/6S but buying one has just confirmed that for me it's too big. I should have waited for the 5SE which was my original plan.

The phone has been used obviously but is in perfect unmarked condition and I have all boxes and receipt etc. Can I really just walk into o2 before this Saturday and hand it back and get a refund? What use is the phone to them etc? I've never done this before so was just wondering if it was really straight forwards.
Why not just sell it?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hmmm. I've returned a contract before but that's because I got 0% signal at home despite network saying my signal level was good. No questions asked etc but I suppose it's a completely different case to yours. Yours is "unwanted" and mine was "not fit for purpose".

Jump on to o2 live chat. See what they say.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
@ColinG You do exactly what you said, walk back in and say you'd like to return the handset for a refund.

I did it with a blackberry a few years back. Was pretty painless.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm sure you can, we as Brits are just scared. I've read online so many times about people in America using phones/tablets/smartwatches whatever for weeks and then taking them back for no other reason than they didn't like them.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I'd check the small print on your contract. I remember a few years ago getting a phone from phones4u and part of the small print was I waived my right to return within 14 days.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've done just this with o2 last year. Had a galaxy edge but sent it back within 14 days. You must take it in or send it recorded to them before the 14 days are up and it must be as good as it was when you got it. They are fine with it. I had no hassle at all.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
you can return it within 14 days hassle free, unless you get your old number (from a different network) ported to the new phone.
o2 were really helpful when I got mine at the start of the month.
unlike Vodafone who are currently chasing me for a £400 early contract termination fee

I also had second thoughts when I first bought my 6S thinking how bloody huge it was. Was using it alongside my 5S for a good few days and kept asking myself why I bothered changing as the 5 is (IMO) much nicer aesthetically (when naked) and small enough to use one handed with little risk of dropping.

After a couple of weeks I got used to it. You can apparently get screen protectors that 'add' a back button to the bottom left of the home button should having small fingers be an issue, and you don't get on with the double tap to bring the screen down. Luckily I've got long fingers and a stretch means I can still use it one handed.