ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone used Proline rear axle lines?

I need to replace my rear axle lines and given they're half the cost and stainless, these are very tempting over replacing them with OE hard lines with crimped flexi tails.

Has anyone used them? Do they fit properly?

Thanks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, had mine on about 2 years now.

Fit perfectly, although they retain the flexi link between the rear beam and underbody hardlines.

I believe the BRT ones are longer to remove the need for the flexi, if you preferred that.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah, had mine on about 2 years now.

Fit perfectly, although they retain the flexi link between the rear beam and underbody hardlines.

I believe the BRT ones are longer to remove the need for the flexi, if you preferred that.
When you were fitting yours did you have any issues with the fitting behind the axle being too tight? The nut on the Proline hoses is about 5mm longer than the hard-line that's been removed, and it's bottoming out before it touches the spring clip, it's also only leaving 17mm from the end of the fitting which means the hose is jammed against the axle at a pretty tight angle.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
When you were fitting yours did you have any issues with the fitting behind the axle being too tight? The nut on the Proline hoses is about 5mm longer than the hard-line that's been removed, and it's bottoming out before it touches the spring clip, it's also only leaving 17mm from the end of the fitting which means the hose is jammed against the axle at a pretty tight angle.

I seem to remember it being a bit tight and yeah it bottoms out before touching the spring clip, I think I just left mine off 🤔

Not had any issues yet.