ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has cup season started this year?

or am i the first?
coming home last night, round a corner, lose all grip, end up in a ditch.
it's fucked big style, most importantly, me and the two passengers were alright.

Clio Trophy
interesting , i had a moment in my trophy last night, taking a roundabout reasonably small at a NORMAL / slow speed and lost all grip but managed to catch it as i wasnt going that fast. thermometer said 3 above, have not had anything that bad happen at such a slow speed and high temp before! usualy only happens at speed when its 5 below lol

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
same with me, i had a prob comin out of tescos onto a roundabout, road not wet, though it looked a little bit greasy in patches, back end went out but i got it back in the end :eek:

only doin 20mph!!

Tom

Clio Trophy
a car turned over on a bend near where i live too! its all to do with atmospheric conditions and not just pure temperature. Depends on how much moisture in the air and the current dew point apparently. Well worth looking into it and learning when and when not to take the piss. Appearances can bery deceptive when it comes to making these judgements. A cold day at minus 10 with blue skys may be perfectly safe to play but a warmer day maybe not

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear that fella.

I walked my little girl to the park this morning...wasn't a really cold day, and when crossing a road I almost fell flat on my arse.

No ice at all, but the surface was as slippery as ice (almost). We need a good downpour to clear all the crap off the roads...had no rain for ages.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
need some heavy rain to wash away all the salt, and the stuff they mix in with it!

take it steady people!

it was a b road cutting through fields etc. was a bit misty.
cheers for the kind words, gotta sort the insurance out and try and get some wheels. then see what i'm gunna buy next.

TrophyBoy616 said:
a car turned over on a bend near where i live too!

Same here, it was after a blind bend and I came round the corner at about 40mph and a policeman was stood in the middle of the road with his hand up to stop me (they were still clearing it an hour or so after the incident, no warning sign or triangle anywhere though). Hit the brakes (didn't seem icey at all, was just cold) and I just locked up instantly, thankfully I remembered my training and brought it to a comfortable stop, think I scared the copper though as he had a quiet word with me!

I only accelerate hard in 3rd at the moment, can't get any grip in second in these conditions.