ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has my Amp blown?

RS Clio 182
Hi,i just wondered if any of the hi-fi heads on here could help me out - i was playing music at a medium volume when i started smelling a burning smell coming from my amplifier and then my right speaker cut out shortly after,i tried re-connecting it but its just dead on that channel - both my speakers work on the left channel,but i think its fried the right one.

Anyone know whats caused this? its a Cambridge Audio amp - ive had it over 8 years so its lasted well - im just thinking wether to just buy a new amp or is this repairable?

Cheers,Adam

Polo + Micra
yeah probably cooked the output FETs on that channel

i'd take the case/cover off and have a look at what looks burnt/melted

yup you cooked it
tbh it wouldnt be worth repairing it unless it was a high end one and even then i would buy a newer one

RS Clio 182
Ok thanks for the replies - a new amp it will have to be then..

It wont have damaged my speakers in any way? Im not going to even start trying to re-connect them to it in case it could damage them aswell..

RS Clio 182
Well i tried both speakers in the left channel and they both worked but neither did in the right channel,so hopefully they are ok