ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have an expression... but want a 182 rep!

1.2 16v 2005

Hi there- Im new here. Firstly an intro. My name is Dave- Im a teacher and long time car enthusiast from leeds. I have just come from owning a heavily modified Smart City Coupe to owning a 1.2 Expression, and its 100% more car but 100% less noticable! This brings me to the point of my post. I hva e just been to Reg Vardy in leeds to ask about the price of all the Clio-Sport 182 parts to make a 182 rep out of my little clio. The thing is, I want to keep it fairly standard, or renault standard- i dont want to go adding shody max power parts to the car- really not what i need to be doing with 7 grands worth of 05 plate car. But... heres the clincher, i cant really afford the £1500 for the whole kit to build a rep- thats all bumpers, arches, spoilers, arch linners etc and wheels less painting and tyres. My question is- is there an easier / cheaper way to build a convincing rep? Does anyone have a crashed 182 or 172 or cliosport with the bits on that they would sell me?

Also ... induction issues on the new 04 1.2 16v motor- where can i get a replacement element? not i repeat NOT an induction kit!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah he can source a load of things (owns a breakers!) 172 bumpers come up for sale every so often and the wheels shouldnt be too tricky to source. Your not gonna badge it a 2.0 16v though are you?!

172 cup'd extreme

It will still cost you a pretty penny to get all that stuff then paint it plus wheels, best and cheapest way you can do it up is full colour coding 182 wheels and cup spoiler

1.2 16v 2005

well i was thinking about badginging it with the sport badges and 2.0 16v badges and making a proper go of i- and possibly a rear disc conversion. but thats all pie in the sky until i get the full kit- you see the front bumper is different - not too sure about the back- and i know the arches are wider and it has those sweet skirts... so its all a case of finding all the bits... can J3NED help? Get in contact with me if you can- and also how do i become a member? I dont like free loading! I wanna join and add my two penith!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by munk on 26 May 2005

well i was thinking about badginging it with the sport badges and 2.0 16v badges and making a proper go of i- and possibly a rear disc conversion. but thats all pie in the sky until i get the full kit- you see the front bumper is different - not too sure about the back- and i know the arches are wider and it has those sweet skirts... so its all a case of finding all the bits... can J3NED help? Get in contact with me if you can- and also how do i become a member? I dont like free loading! I wanna join and add my two penith!

Nooooooooo dont put the 2.0 litre badges on a 1.2 - youll get every charver in a Nova thinking hes murdered a 182...

If youre going to spend that much, why dont you just get a 172?

Remapped derv Golf

No No No to 2.0 16v badges! Its not big, not clever and down right SAD! imo!;)

Mike172sport does nice silver "16v" badges which once on look like the real 2.0 ones. He also sells the 172/182 Cup spoilers ready to paint.

There are usually plenty of parts on Ebay. 182/172 bumpers dont usually go cheap, nor does the front 182/172 grill.

Have a look at D4ve Fs car - its an 04 1.4 with many 182 bits on. Might give you some ideas.

[Edited by Adamf on 27 May 2005 at 3:04am]

MGP W02

Munk... i used to read the funkysmart forum all the time! man ur exhaust was rude as hell! Good to see you on the Cliosport forum chap! Welcome!

Octavia VRS

Welcome matey

but no to those 2.0 badges, just get custom ones with 16V then you are not lying!

1.2 16v 2005

hey w3eeb- glad to see that my rep preceeds me! We had it tested at 4k rpm and i whacked out 129 db! But ripped it off as was too loud for the track day that we planned. Nice- staraight thru sytem and no back pressure- the balls for a small turbod motor!

Ok that sorted... does anyone know a really cheap painter or sprayer who could spray all the bits cspian red for me? Pref near leeds or in Devon. Cheers!

munk - I am planning exactly the same thing. Bought a 2005 1.2 16v Extreme 4 a month or so ago in metallic black.

Good thing about the Extreme editions is they already have the cup spoiler/brakelight and the 172 wheels (only in 15"). They also have clear repeaters as standard. I have already taken the extreme stickers off the side and have replaced the black 16v side bit with a silver one. Listen to these guys, you dont want to badge it as a 2.0 16v...all show no go and spoils the image of the renaultsport ones. Ive also fitted a set of Silvertec replacement indicator bulbs which look mint.

Already bought the rear renaultsport bumper which, as far as I know, will go on without any problems.

This close to buying the front wings, so all I will need is the skirts and front bumper/grill!

Renault make skirts for the base clios which look very similar to the RS ones (few members have the fitted).

Lastly, if you plan on going the whole 9 yards like myself, try and do as much prep work as you can as it will cost a bomb to get it all fitted/sprayed (especially with new wings being fitted!). Stuff like rubbing down and priming can easily be done with a bit of practice...means the bodyshop will spend less time doing it themselves.