ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have i got everything needed ?

Well the detailing bug has caught me, im practising on my car/friends/families. Then i want to get into it properly as i think there is a market for it here and i love doing it. Anyway i have bough s**t loads off monzacarcare, in basket but not paid so wondering if there is anything i could add/change.;

Meguiars gritguard bucket set
Lambswool washmitt
Dodo juice SN BIG drying towel
MF wheel brush
Dodo juice captain crevice wheel mitt
Tyre gel applicator
Various wax/polish applicatore
Various MF cloths (you get s**t loads of free ones with monza)
3m masking
Loads of meg pads
Snow foam lance
B2BM
Snow foam
Bilberry wheel
Plasic/tyre gel
AG metal polish
AG glass polish (cant get 3m glass cleaner sent because aerosol)
Menzerna p203
Menzerna 85RD
Colinite 915
Rimwax
Limeprime lite
Dodo red mist
Meg last touch
Clay bars
Meg super degreaser
Empty spray bottles

Most things im getting 3 or 4 to save p and p

To get from other places;
G101
Autobrite tardis
G technics p1
Blackfire gloss polish

Will the blackfire gloss polish be ok for a finish after paint correction ?
How good of a gloss does lime prime give ?
Thanks

i am now broke.

looks like a good list maybe a chemical resistant head for the spray bottles. i am also new to this so awaiting the experts.

Well the detailing bug has caught me, im practising on my car/friends/families. Then i want to get into it properly as i think there is a market for it here and i love doing it. Anyway i have bough s**t loads off monzacarcare, in basket but not paid so wondering if there is anything i could add/change.;

Meguiars gritguard bucket set
Lambswool washmitt
Dodo juice SN BIG drying towel - I'D RATHER THE I4D ONES
MF wheel brush - SWAP FOR A VIKAN BRUSH OR EZ DETAIL
Dodo juice captain crevice wheel mitt - NOT NECESSARY
Tyre gel applicator
Various wax/polish applicatore
Various MF cloths (you get s**t loads of free ones with monza)
3m masking
Loads of meg pads
Snow foam lance
B2BM
Snow foam - MAKE SURE IT'S PH NEUTRAL
Bilberry wheel
Plasic/tyre gel - WHICH?
AG metal polish - SWAP FOR AUTOSOL OR BELGOM ALU
AG glass polish (cant get 3m glass cleaner sent because aerosol) - PREFER THE GTECHNIC TWINS
Menzerna p203
Menzerna 85RD
Colinite 915
Rimwax - SWAP FOR POORBOYS WHEEL SEALANT
Limeprime lite
Dodo red mist - I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE THIS PRODUCT
Meg last touch
Clay bars - WHICH?
Meg super degreaser
Empty spray bottles

Most things im getting 3 or 4 to save p and p

To get from other places;
G101
AutoSMART tardis
G technics p1 - NOT NECESSARY IF YOU ARE BUYING THE MENZ PRODUCTS, UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT IT
Blackfire gloss polish - SAME AGAIN

Will the blackfire gloss polish be ok for a finish after paint correction ?
How good of a gloss does lime prime give ?
Thanks

I am now broke.

Welcome to bankrupt anonymous.

What car is this for? If it's a Clio, 203s is not required. Final Finish (FF) should be fine on Clio paint, but for the tougher marks, 3.02 Intensive Polish (IP)

You have quite a few polishes listed, P1, 203s, 85 and Blackfire...

Lime Prime is more of a prewax cleaner, but is also good on Clio paint by machine. Do you have a machine as the Menz polishes are best by machine...?

Yeh two buckets :) i have the g220 remember ?;) its for a few cars (hence a few different polishes) as im doing families etc at the moment im doing my mums vw polo next but its not vw paint its just plain white respray.
After reading gallys 'winter protection' thread he reccomended the p1 to do by hand ? Will the p203 give decent gloss if i use on a finishing pad then ? Would the 203 and 85 be enough and ok to use by hand ?

Snow foam is valet pro and ph neutral.
Clay bars are dodo Bling or something :eek: 12 pound for two.
And smart gel for trim/tyres

Last edited:
Yeh two buckets :) i have the g220 remember ?;) its for a few cars (hence a few different polishes) as im doing families etc at the moment im doing my mums vw polo next but its not vw paint its just plain white respray.
After reading gallys 'winter protection' thread he reccomended the p1 to do by hand ? Will the p203 give decent gloss if i use on a finishing pad then ? Would the 203 and 85 be enough and ok to use by hand ?

Ah OK. VW paint reacts well to 203s, so that is fair enough, but work in times might be longer with just a DA.

I thought he fell out with P1... Hmmm. It depends on what you are trying to achieve, correction I presume with a machine and products listed above? If so, forget hand correction on anything but the softest paints (like Renault lol). Machine wise, I would suggest 3,02 then refine wtih 85 personally. 203s should burnish down well on VAG paint however, and leave little if any refinement necessary.

Redmist is shite...

D'accord.

Snow foam is valet pro and ph neutral.
Clay bars are dodo Bling or something :eek: 12 pound for two.
And smart gel for trim/tyres

I4D Lime clay for me, but I'm sure the DJ stuff is just fine.

I only got it because i was reading good write ups about it, off the list now anyway.

Replace with Zaino Z8 GF.

Right ok :) i only need hand polishing for them hard to get to parts. Yep im after correction the polos paint is in a state.
So just keep the menzerna polish ? Ill go with the zaino too :) thanks

Right ok :) i only need hand polishing for them hard to get to parts. Yep im after correction the polos paint is in a state.
So just keep the menzerna polish ? Ill go with the zaino too :) thanks

If you're talking hard to reach areas, I presume things like under the bonnet and door shuts? If so, look into Werkstat Prime/Prime Strong. It's a chemical cleaner that also lays down a decent protective layer. Awesome product for hard to reach areas where you just want to clean and protect, not correct.

Hi-jack in progress... whats with the hate towards redmist ? i've read good stuff about it.

There are much better products out there and I haven't got on well with it in the past.

I mean like the front bumper part where the fogs are, the g220 wouldnt go in there. The werkstat is getting added aswell would deff come in handy. Thanks

You will be surprised how well you will get on with pads like that. There is almost always an angle that allows you to correct the area.

Failing that, IP3.02 or 203s on a hand cut pad may be the only option open to you. In which case - linky

172 RS Ph1
I'm actually a fan of Red Mist, the Tropical version though. As for your list, it's probably pretty complete but I don't see products for the interior like a carpet/upholstery cleaner + brushes, and leather products.

Rimwax isn't rubbish, so i'd just use that untill you need a new wheelwax, and then buy the PB one. (will probably cost you 3 years to use up all the rimwax).

Perhaps think about a rotary polisher if you tend to do others peoples cars too :). And a good glaze, if you go carnauba due to the good weather in spain, think of ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze.

Is Collinite 915 the only wax that you own? You can upgrade that to a better looking wax, even the ClearKote Carnauba Wax (liquid) has a warmer and deeper shine.

Not sure where Spain came into the conversation? Have I missed where the OP is based? What have you been drinking Martijn :rasp:

I personally disagree - I had/have RimWax and have used it once. I really don't like AIO products as I'm prefer the idea of each process separately (maybe I'm old fashioned!!). Much prefer something like C5 or PB. I think the list above is what he "could" buy, Martijn, so not necessarily what he's bought already :)

I'm actually a fan of Red Mist, the Tropical version though. As for your list, it's probably pretty complete but I don't see products for the interior like a carpet/upholstery cleaner + brushes, and leather products.

Rimwax isn't rubbish, so i'd just use that untill you need a new wheelwax, and then buy the PB one. (will probably cost you 3 years to use up all the rimwax).

Perhaps think about a rotary polisher if you tend to do others peoples cars too :). And a good glaze, if you go carnauba due to the good weather in spain, think of ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze.

Is Collinite 915 the only wax that you own? You can upgrade that to a better looking wax, even the ClearKote Carnauba Wax (liquid) has a warmer and deeper shine.

Just doing exterior for now :) ill see how i get on with rimwax it wasnt expensive so i can always go PB (probaly will) going to get a bit more practise with the da and then go from there.
I have ag hd which is 'ok' lasts around a month :-/ and i am purchasing the clearkote liquid wax from some company called wax-on ;)

Not sure where Spain came into the conversation? Have I missed where the OP is based? What have you been drinking Martijn :rasp:

I personally disagree - I had/have RimWax and have used it once. I really don't like AIO products as I'm prefer the idea of each process separately (maybe I'm old fashioned!!). Much prefer something like C5 or PB. I think the list above is what he "could" buy, Martijn, so not necessarily what he's bought already :)

I live in spain jd :)
Its all bought now, still need G101 looks like its going to cost me 63 pound for 10 litres delivered to spain :-/