ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having a BT line installed?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Any idea how much this will cost? Im on hold?

Currently got Sky TV and virgin media phone, WE might as well combine the two, Adn stay with sky, But Sky are saying we need a BT line installed?

Any ideas how much this will cost?

thanks

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
its £125 + VAT from bt, but sometimes if you are taking services out with Sky, they will refund the amount paid for line installation.

BMW F21 125d
There is also another option as when you have a phone line installed by BT, you are signed upto a 12month contract with them too (line rental £10.50 a month). Which depending on your situation may or not be a problem, i didnt want that as i wanted a package through TalkTalk for broadband and calls etc,,,

Anyway, i digress, if you just want the installation without a contract, contact the post office, they, or their contractors, who probably contract for BT also, will install you a phone line, assign you a number etc for £105 all in.

Not much of a saving, but a saving none the less.

Bumder With A Buffer
You may well have a phone line already to your house so the phrase "installing a phone line to our house" is a bit wrong... they dont come and rip up the road from you house to the cabinet! (thats nbot a god at you btw!!)

All they do is come along and connect wires up/master jack and then connect you up in the exchange (which again is jumping a few wires in essence) Have you got a phone socket in the house at all?

Tesla MP3 2021
You may well have a phone line already to your house so the phrase "installing a phone line to our house" is a bit wrong... they dont come and rip up the road from you house to the cabinet! (thats nbot a god at you btw!!)

All they do is come along and connect wires up/master jack and then connect you up in the exchange (which again is jumping a few wires in essence) Have you got a phone socket in the house at all?

Openreach are the engineers as its their network, BT are just a CP. There has to be spare pairs (1 line) at your DP (usually on top of the telegraph pole) which then the engineer will take a new line from the DP to your house and fit a new NTE5 (master socket) where required, well sometimes lol.

Oh and if your DP didn't have enough line plant and Openreach had to supply more pairs from the nearest cab etc to the DP then yes they would dig up the road, well where required lol

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^^ Pffft thats in theory! ;)

It makes me chuckle when my mates say they are on Virgin Cable... no you still have your copper wire and are just OLO you nugget :)