ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard light problem

Hi guys,
I have a 52 plate 1.2 16v clio expression+. Last night I looked outside and the car was all fine, however at 5am today when I looked outside the hazard lights were flashing and they could not be turned off. Of course when I went back midday the car had no battery left, but the hazard lights were definitely triggered on their own. I looked around on the internet and havent found a good response to my situation, and I wondered if anyone here had been in a situation like this, and how to solve it as I would like to solve this myself to keep cost down, but if not I will have to take it to a local garage.

Thanks

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Was it raining?

Clairemaes car used to have the hazards flashing ever time we washed it or it rained.

Renault couldnt find the fault. Taped up the under side of the scuttle and arch liner. and its not happened since. Touch wood.

Car battery was dead, tried to remove battery but alarm repeatedly sounded after the negative was taken off wether it was on the battery or off, but stopped after about 10 mins, I will probably have to take it to a garage as its too hard to work with that alarm sound.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Hazard light switches can be dicky, had mine replaced not long after I got the car, common fault mate who works for reno said. £14, easy as to fit too.

clio 172, pulsar, evo
how did you get on with this? after a long week of ice and snow my car did exactly what yours did. was it simply the switch? Ive disconnected the battery but can drive it because of the constant flashing. im sure its weather related.
cheers