ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard light switch.

I think something has snapped inside my hazard light switch because the button won't stay in which is causing the hazard lights to stay on constantly. I've had to disconnect it behind the panel.

I'm presuming I'll need a new one? if so, anyone have idea of how much I'm likely to pay for a new one?

very common fault, think they are something like £17 from the dealer

i think i paid around 19£ from a dealer last year. maybe you could try the scrappies?

Thanks.

Might stick a thread in the wanted section to see if anyone has got one laying around doing nothing. Seems I've got rather lucky with this because it's decided to snap a day after it's had it's M.O.T lol.

E87 118d M Sport
mines just started doing this. manage to turn it off eventually. is it just a case of buying a replacement button and fitting it. dont have to remove the dash or anything?

SG9 Forester STi
I had the same thing happen. Disconnected it and paid £15 on ebay for a new one and plugged it straight in.

mines just started doing this. manage to turn it off eventually. is it just a case of buying a replacement button and fitting it. dont have to remove the dash or anything?

i.e. just pulled it straight out.

Yeah, really easy to do, the panel the switch sits in pulls out with abit of persuasion, just disconnect the connecting plug that connected to the switch and the switch just pushes out of the panel.

I had to replace mine as something had snapped inside the switch and was keeping the circuit open so the hazards wouldn't turn off. Got one for £6 from Steve79 off here ;)