ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Warning Lights

Clio
For the last few days my hazard lights have randomly been setting theirselves off after ive got out the car, can happen twice in 10mins or not for the whole day, came on twice while i was driving the other day too. Anybody got any ideas what it could be? Its a Mk2 1.2 16v btw. Thanks, Dan.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
be the switch, this happened on my cup, i'd dissconnect the plug out of the back of it (the whole panel gentley levers out) and try it for a few days.... if this cures it, then the switch is at fault, i ran round for about 7 months without one lol!

172cup
deffo the switch.... very common problem with clios. either rob one as dick says... or get one off ebay. shouldn't cost you more that a couple of quid

Clio
Cheers guys! But that button on ebay would it not need a new connector? Or will it just b the actual button thats faulty? Cheers.

i had the same problem, Renault diagnosed the fault to be the UCH (the box that controls the hazards) they replaced this which cost £400 and it did bugger all to solve the problem. They then replaced the switch and that didnt solve it. In the end i got so pissed off with the hazards going of all the time that i ripped half the dashboard off and found the problem to be the alarm connection onto the hazard light loom had started getting a voltage on it and was setting off the hazards so i just cut the cable from the alarm (not the hazard loom). Luckily i had kept the old UCH and got renault to refit it and give me a refund.

My advice is to disconnect the switch for a few days, if they dont go off its the switch, if they do ,check the voltage from your alarm circuit. It connects into hazard loom very close to the switch. You may have to remove your stereo to get at it. If you dont have an alarm its probably your UCH and unfortunately its going to cost you.

Renault know about this and its quite a common problem but unfortunately most UCH fail outside the warranty period

172cup
well my gf's extreme done this... and it doesnt have an alarm. i changed the switch at a cost of 1quid from scrappy and it worked fine lol.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Yeah, got on my nerves just now, hazards didn't stop flashing, got me frustrated like mad, had to punch it one to stop, hmm, so new switch is required, cheers.