ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards switch not working

2005 Clio Sport 182
Alrite all,

The hazard lights switch on my 182 is completely non-responsive.
When I press it, it doesnt click into place and the lights do not work. Does this need a replacement switch and if so, how do I remove the centre console panel to do it?
Also, is this system fused and is it more likely to be something like that other than the switch?
Any info much appreciated! Cheers guys!

Jon

Clio 172 Cup
Mine's gone on my Cup. Common fault apparently and most likely to be a knackered switch.
I'm just trying to find removal instructions myself.

2005 Clio Sport 182
Got the switch out but now I cant lock my doors by pressin the central locking button and locking the passenger door! Have to use my key fob which sets off my alarm for about 30 secs! Nightmare. Any ideas?
Jon

1.2 clio
as said be for m8 they all go there rubbish its the spring inside them it goes so easily.... pop on ebay u can pick them cheaper then goin to renault!!

Megane RS 250
I fitted a new Laguna switch (red instead of black) with the original clio button, the dealer said they cost the same but the laguna one doesn't break..12 euros if I remember correctly.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
the laguna one was about £10 cheaper iirc, cost me about £17 from renault just swap the tops, job done

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Mine did this the day before its MOT, I just soaked it in electrical connection cleaner and kept on pressing the button in and out. After a short while it started working again.