ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazing on my windscreen?

I've noticed recently with the cold wheather that in the mornings my windscreen isn't frozen but has water sat on it, one pass with the wipers gets rid of this but then immediatley after that it 'hazes' up. I think the best way to describe it is are very strong water marks. These actually stop me seeing through the windscreen until 2-3 minutes with the blowers on has passed by which time it's crystal clear.

It's deffinatly not ice as you can clearly see water runs within the pattern it makes. A wind down and up of the windows sorts the side ones out so figured it must be something on my blades. I'll try and get a photo tomorrow.

So could do with cleaning the wiper blades/a new set but was wondering if theres anything worth cleaning the windscreen with. I have AG glass polish which I could give a shot.

Whats the best for cleaning wiper blades before shelling out for new ones? Vinegar I read somewhere?

Thanks

BennyC

Sounds more internal to me buddy. When did you last clean the inside of the screen?

Blowers blowing out heat will clean condensation marks from the interior as well as helping you to see more clearly. In rain, I have my screen heaters on low and (when needed due to beadageee!!!) my wipers on.

Cheers for the reply.

I can confirm it's deffinatly on the outside as one pass with the wiper removes it for about 1-2 seconds, then it sort of 'dries' and the haze re-appears. Thinking it's crap on my wiper blades.

Inside of the screen got a good clean 2-3 weeks ago and is still pritty much spotless. It's odd as there doesn't seem to be anything actually on the glass so must be the blades. But is strange it disappears once the screen is warm.

Yeah it still sounds like condensation to me buddy. When I do the same in the morning, mine will "haze" over again, so reuse the wipers a few times and stick the heat to the screen.

Give the screen a polish with AG Glass Polish on both sides and this should prevent it. I am currently awaiting new windows as mine are scratched to buggery after 8 years of being washed by Audi - the paint I can fix, the glass is too much effort for the £70 it will cost to get AutoGlass to replace them all...

Clio 182 Cup FF
yeah i have this and always have to use my wipers to clear it but will give these idea's a try! :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carlack-glass-sealing-kit/prod_348.html

Any thoughts on this?

Was recommended on another forum. Obviously won't address the problem but if it's anything like it shows in the video will significatly reduce the need for my wipers and also make de-icing the car alot easier too!

Good products by most accounts I've read. I tend to find I get the same results from a decent amount of protection after polishing with glass polish. Depends on your budget and your requirement...

Bumder With A Buffer
Mine does the same "sometimes". But only when the carlack window kit is reaching the end of its life of protection.

Bumder With A Buffer
Huh I didnt even see the reference to that in this thread :eek:

Yep thumbs up from me. The only issue I have is that if you start to use the washer fluid it seems to destroy the beading/sheeting effect quite quickly. (hard not to use it with dead flies etc). But then "some" of the beading returns once you wash with a decent shampoo (a PH balanced) one seems to not destroy it too much.

Only happens during the summer/autumn time. Winter it seems a lot better as its generally rainwater on the screen and no bugs

img1019t.jpg

img1020hq.jpg

Gave them a clean yesterday with some vinegar and then rinsed them thoroughly, no black or dirt coming off on the kitchen paper.

It's better than it was but still quite bad! Thought it might be water freezing quickly but there's no ice on the rest of the windows!

Will try again with neat washer fluid, then it's time for new blades.

Bumder With A Buffer
that just looks like condensation build up. Its colder inside then outside (or vise versa).

Mine has been doing it last few days and after a few minutes its fine.

I cant make it out on that picture but is that on the inside????

Exactly what I thought it was, we all get it buddy, not a lot you can do except keep the windows clean inside and out. It's nothing to worry about, but it can be helped by a polished wind screen.

I've had this on pretty much all cars I've owned. It's really annoying. Usually if you're doing 50mph+ it goes away but the a lot of the time i've had to pull over and just sit there waiting for my windscreen to heat up .

Bumder With A Buffer
Wouldn't worry then it's normal. Seems to effect cars that are left outside overnight rather then in a garage say.

Seems at some point I switched my 'AC' off. So had my blowers going but nout else. Was much quicker/almost non-existant this morning.

/facepalm.