ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hazzard problem

clio 172
hi
i was driving to france yesterday, put on the full beam and the hazzards came on then went off again and so on but then they came on and stayed on, driving down the motorway (not good)
pulled over pulled the fuse out to stop it and carryed on not gonna let it ruin the holiday but i noticed the hazzard button is still flashing.
im quessing its a dodgey earth of something, correct me if im wrong
but i aint got a clue were to look, and its really pissing people off me not indicating.
any help will be very gratefull.
thanks

Sounds daft but is the button pressed in? Because a plastic lug might have snapped and the button is out thus keeping the circuit open. (happened to me). Other than that I can only think it's a UCH issue.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pretty sure you could leave out the hazzard switch and disconect it, check that.

clio 172
Sounds daft but is the button pressed in? Because a plastic lug might have snapped and the button is out thus keeping the circuit open. (happened to me). Other than that I can only think it's a UCH issue.
i dissconnected the hazzard button but the hazzards was still flashing would that still happen if its a UCH fault?? sorry for sounding daft but whats a UCH??
thanks for your replies.

clio 172
oh forgot to say, i took the fuse out and when the hazzard switch stopped flashing about 10mins later i put the fuse back in got about 10 mile down the road and it done it again.

182 & Porsche 986
the hazard buttons break easily, try replacing that first as it doesnt cost much for a new one, similar happened to me.