ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD projectors

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Are any actually any good?

I have a spare room I use for nothing, so I fancy making a gaming room out of it.

What kind of budget gets you a good one?

RS6 C7
Optoma GT 750 is what i have, Around £500 and gives a fantastic picture for the money. If you up it to £1000 they obviously get even better.

Optoma are very good projectors, AVF rate them. Hell, Apple sell them.

I've looked into these a lot for my dedicated room. Best option, find a local independent AV store that will let you try them out. There's one in York (Wall of Sound - they have two stores) who have a dedicated room. They are pricey, but you can get a feel for it. You want to compare the two types (DLP & LCD), a bit like LCD & Plasma.

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I think I picked mine up for just shy of £800 many moons ago, the HD200X I have has only had 1 issue in the last 4-5 years and it was the colour wheel getting dirty (caused the image to stick to a colour) It's still on it's original lamp (Not that expensive to replace anyway) only negative thing's I'd say in comparison to a large TV is the noise of the fan, it's by no means loud but my PC is silent so it's audible.

243103_1977984963799_737712_o.jpg

Projected onto the roof:

532389_4534507995277_1345889950_n.jpg

Look's like you can pick them up now for around £600 or less if you shop about.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/optoma-hd230x-1080p-full-hd-home-cinema-projector