ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDD Question

Not a Clio
Mrs has a 200Gb drive in her pc. Unfortunately due to bios limitations, only 137.4Gb is recognised.

I know this can be solved by installing a card and plugging the drive into that.

My question is... would the drive need reformatting so that all 200Gb would be recognised or will it instantly be recognised without formatting?

Lee

BMW M2C
Chances are you would have to format it again and recreate the partition the full capacity of the drive.

The other option it to get something like Powerquest Partition Magic, that would allow you to resize it.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup as Lee says it will most likely need to be formatted again.

And yes the partion magic software is a lovely bit of kit !!! may be usefull using it.

None
Isnt this a bug by windows, you can dowanload a path for it (or sp2) and it should sort it out. Doesnt sound like a bios problem to me :\

Not a Clio
Maxx said:
Isnt this a bug by windows, you can dowanload a path for it (or sp2) and it should sort it out. Doesnt sound like a bios problem to me :\

it's a bios limitation, not a windows problem.

Newer boards should support over 137Gb. She got her board last year... i guess that's not new enough!

Clio 172mk2
if uve allready got the stuff on the hd set up , get partition magic it can be used from windows and u dont loose yer work

Maxx said:

Correct. 137.4GB is a Windows limitation.

Not a Clio
SP1 for XP corrected that problem. In this case the limit is the BIOS as confirmed by the AOpen website.

Last edited:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ yup AOpen had isses regarding this.

IIRC there are 2 patches out there

Focus ST-2
happened with my giga-byte board, should be a bios update you can download. you'll need to wipe the partion and reinstall windows.

Not a Clio
can't see any updates for the board to sort the issue out. A host card is only a tenner so no biggy.

Last edited: