ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI for X Box 360

Corsa Van. Meh.
PIcked up a 360 today and just wanted some advice on a HDMI.

See a lot of places sell the official HDMI for £20. Can I just use any HDMI from any retailer e.g. Tesco?

Cheers

I love how currys etc sell gold plated ones for like £70+ I wonder how many people end up buying them..

SQ5
I genuinely questioned a manager in Curry's once and she was telling me there was a difference between the ones I had on my van that cost £10 compared to the £100 1m on her shelf.

I kept on at her until she said well it doesn't matter as the public buy them anyway!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
There is quite a large thread on this already.

Use a cheap one, i did some research into this last year and the cheaper ones do the exact same thing as the expensive ones.

Yaris Hybrid
I thought the whole point was that they are digital and so you either get a perfect picture or no picture at all? Therefore it doesn't matter if you get one made from paper and string at Poundland or a diamond plated carbon fibre model from Harrods.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the whole point was that they are digital and so you either get a perfect picture or no picture at all? Therefore it doesn't matter if you get one made from paper and string at Poundland or a diamond plated carbon fibre model from Harrods.

Bingo.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

yep. the only reason to get a more expensive one is if the cable length is going to be more than 20meters; this is where good quality cabling will make the SNR better and thus might allow for a signal to be distiguished from the noise without a repeater.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a cheap version (was only £5 less than genuine) and because at the time I moved my xbox back and forwards to my missus the cable at the connector plug ended up splitting very quickly.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
that could also happen to an expensive cable though, the structure of HDMI connectors just isnt strong whatever the make

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Hugo- did you get an HDMI cable? I have an official one you can have for free. Never been used, bought it only to get home and realise that my XBox doesnt even have an hdmi port. Drop us a PM if you want it.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Sorry just seen this. Thanks for the offers guys, great help. I got one from morrisons when doing the weekly shop during the week. Only a fiver.