ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDR processing

Mk2 ph1 clio
Never been a fan of it but decided to try it! Tried to keep it subtle.

Blythbeachpipe.jpg

Blythbeach.jpg

Not sure myself tbh! Thoughts?

Partner's Astra SRi
Both look really good. I must admit that I'm not a fan on HDR but these are very subtle. Good job :D

Mk2 ph1 clio
I like that alot, how did you go about doing it? 3 images in one?

Its supposed to be 5 shots with different exposures but.. what i found was with the water moving constantly each shot was different and when you merge them.. it looks like mist/smoke.. which is a good effect but not what i wanted! I used a photoshop plugin and toned it down with a few different layers.

Heres another quick shop i've done!

Blythbeachpipeblackandwhite.jpg

Pretty much spot on imo (the first shots), you've actually used HDR for what it was invented for (showing us what our eyes see, something cameras simply can't manage), not that horribly glazed look as you've shown further down.

Very impressed, not often you see tasteful HDR, I guess the whole point in a really good HDR would be for the majority of people not to even notice.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thank you very much! Nice to see others like it. I think i have found a processing style that I like!

Just bought a canon 20D which is a nice upgrade from the 300D i currently own so hopefuly i will be able to take some more detailed shots

FF RB 182
Add them to a flickr group called realistic HDR, those will definately fit in there. Great work as ever.

Z4
Really nice shots mate, I don't like the ott hdr shots either!
Then again, your first shot could look better with just the sky most contrasted.