ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hdtv! :-d

Well... Got The Sony HDTV tv today!, just waiting for HD to become the norm. keep watching the Sony demo dvd and its amazing the diffrence!.

Roll On Playstation 3!

(A Very happy) Sy

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
My parents just recently bought an HDTV.

I know what it stands for but does someone wanna explain it further?

it basically gives you a better picture the more pixels there are the more setail you see resulting in a nicer picture

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Sorry, I understand all that.

But what's with the "when it comes out", is it going to be implemented soon? Or do the HDTV's already have it?

i think its going to be quite expensive isnt it, for sky HDTV?

im happy to stick with my 100hz 32" flat screen sony Wega until things settle down and the standards are sorted out and the prices come down a bit

E91 M Sport
I hope its not too pricey, I wanna be watching the World Cup in Hi-def! Sweeeeet!

SyCD, you mentioned watching the Sony demo DVD, but if its a standard DVD player, how can it be hi-def?

miketheman2k said:
I hope its not too pricey, I wanna be watching the World Cup in Hi-def! Sweeeeet!

SyCD, you mentioned watching the Sony demo DVD, but if its a standard DVD player, how can it be hi-def?

It wont be hi-def Miketheman2k only way you can get hi-def @ the moment is connect it up to ya pc get a software hi-def player and then download some hi-def footage. heres a good place if anyones wanting to try some 720p or 1080p hi-def footage.

http://www.wmvhd.com/

some shops have a special player which will play the hi-def single but it does it in exact same way the pc does from what i have heard.

thing is sycd if ya think its good now wait till ya can view real hd signal. it will blow you away.

if it only does 1080i steer clear griff. ya want 1080p for best picture but it will also do 1080i if ya want it to but theres no need as its worse quality.

Picture is good Pete but still not as good as a crt screen @ the moment. you will be well happy though once ya start viewing proper hi-def pictures. you will be amazed.

172 Cup
By 1080I I just meant the resolution. Naturally pro-scan would be alot more desirable than interlaced.

E91 M Sport
1080 must look incredible on a small screen. I'm running 720p on a 110" screen and it looks pin sharp.

Bimmer, thanks for the link, going to check out some of that material.

E91 M Sport
I've got my xbox360 running analogue 720p to a Panasonic AE700.

Can't wait for HD-DVDs, really starting to notice the difference between xbox and DVD's.

i was stayin with relatives in the US and they had a 50" panasonic HD plasma, quite a few of their channels are HD already, he had the american football on and flicked it to and from HD. the difference is night and day, was really impressed with it

E91 M Sport
I tried a couple of the HD clips last night, by connecting my laptop via VGA to the projector and using Powerstrip to create a custom res of 1280 x 720 - but the image wasn't centralised, and it looked 'scaled'. Any thoughts at what I'm doing wrong?

Even so, the clips still looked amazing ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
how do I go about trying the clips on my HD TV then? I've got a D-Sub on the back of my TV, a laptop, a VGA cable to connect the two, the HD clip, do I just play it through Windows Media Player onto the TV? or do I need something else?? cheers :)

I presume my TV is capable of 720, 720p?, 1080, 1080p ? how do I tell?

Samsung PS42S5HX ?

E91 M Sport
R20GRC said:
how do I go about trying the clips on my HD TV then? I've got a D-Sub on the back of my TV, a laptop, a VGA cable to connect the two, the HD clip, do I just play it through Windows Media Player onto the TV? or do I need something else?? cheers :)

I presume my TV is capable of 720, 720p?, 1080, 1080p ? how do I tell?

Samsung PS42S5HX ?

Well its an LCD/Plasma, so it'll do the 'P' bit. The res is 1280 x 768 (so its 720p compatible). To get it working, either change your monitor res to the above, or download a program called 'Powerstrip' (search in google, its free) which will force that resolution. Then you can simply run media player in full screen mode, and you'll be watching HD :D

p means progressive it doesnt matter if its lcd or plasma

almost no tv's over here do 1080p the only ones that do cost 5k+

MKIII 138
McBunny said:
p means progressive it doesnt matter if its lcd or plasma

almost no tv's over here do 1080p the only ones that do cost 5k+

cost-co do a DLP 55" for £2000 and no doubt it will be reduced soon enough. DLP`s are amazing picture and size also price, its a win win but im waiting for the new LED no colour wheel no rainbows and full 1080P over 2million pixels more
than the already high 720p that xbox 360 can do.
there wont be any true 1080p hd-dvd`s i wouldnt imagine for a while though but
it does mean you 55" screen can run 1920 x 1080 res (higher than any monitor i know of apart from clunky crt`s) a monitor quality