ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket? (Pics)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Recently posted about 2 weeks ago about head gasket going/gone

Well i took it to my mechanic and he told me he wouldnt go as far and extreme as it being the head gasket yet as there was very little "cream" round the oil cap and that area.

He said that the water did look oilly but it looked more rustic then anything else, he said it could have possibly been due to somebody using some cheap leak blockage stuff to use in the system, and because i was loosing water ages ago (which turned out to be the thermostat) i was just putting water in and not coolant he said the water would have boiled away and fetched off and washed all this stuff into the water tank.

He said to keep running the car just keep an eye on the water level bla bla

Its annoying me now because sometimes when i check the engine there is abit of cream a lot of cream or nothing at all! Also the water level always stops the same but theres still all this s**t in there n it looks like theres more and more all the time got some pics to show can anyone help?

6934288240_3b7b9b5a25_z.jpg

Stuff at top of the tank

6934289084_476b224bd7_z.jpg

Stuff inside (without flash)

7080364099_098f7eae42_z.jpg

Stuff inside (with flash)

7080364945_011ed46e7f_z.jpg

Stuff on the water tank cap

When i took these photos there was no cream at all on the oil cap or in that area

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oil is less dense than water so will always float, even if there's a tiny bit in the system.

My first duty would be to carry out a HG test, make sure its not leaking. Then if that comes back ok, carry out a full and thorough coolant flush, replace it with proper renault stuff, engine oil change and oil filter change. Run it for 100 miles and re-check everything.

Failing that, I am looking for a clio 1.2 16v with a cambelt/HG failure to rebuild so sell it to me. x

take it to someone who knows what they're doing lol. Diamond Motors on here is in long eaton - not too far from you.