ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket Problem

could a car travel 190 miles with a head gasket problem, if driven say 60 mph all the way ?

Is there any sort of temporary sealant i could use to get the car home that could be applied around the outside of the head?

LongShot i know but its worth a go : /

Cheers all

Its best if you dont use it as there is a high chance of further damage, but it all depends how bad it is gone. Slight gasket blows can leave car drivable for a while. If, when running it doesnt need topped up to often, i.e at least half hour, before it is reaching bottom of expansion tank, a compression test says only a slight drop in problem cylinder/cylinders, and it defo aint getting into the oil, you could probably risk it, but its a gamble, dont whatever you do let it run dry, or you will definetly be skimming your head or looking for a new one. Why dont you hire a towing dolly, and move it like that instead of risking it