ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head gasket, Thermostat Housing or ... ?

Hey all,

Today I did my regular under bonnet checks on my 1.2 D4F 16v Clio and noticed that my coolant was gone, and i mean ALL GONE. So I topped it up and took her for a spin, when i returned the clear water i topped it up with was black and half of it was gone.

My first thought was head gasket, and after checking the oil I was pretty sure this was the issue as the cap was covered in a milky white gunk.

However, my confusion lyes in the fact that i thrashed my car when i took her out to check if it was the gasket and she didnt overheat, not once. Just went up to her usual temp and stayed there so would I be right in thinking this could be another issue?

Any advice would be great, oh and this HAS to be done on a budget so it wont be going to a garage.

​Cheers :D