ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head gasket

looking for 172 cup
hi

i,m changing the head gasket on my sister clio and never done it before...
need a little help?

i,m ready 2 fit the new gasket and was just wondering do i need any sealer or does it go on dry?

thanks in advance

looking for 172 cup
yep head gasket mate, heads had a skim so its flat and smooth, just a mate told me when they do head gasket changes they use a sealer! but says nothing about sealer in the haynes book

LY 182
no dont use sealer goes on dry, block has to be clinically clean though and completely free from any oil what soever, cant stress that enough

on sh*tty old engines with really pitted blocks you can use a bit of blue hylomar but not needed if the block surface is ok

LY 182
how bads the block.
get a sanding block with some fine wet and dry, oil the wet and dry paper and give it a good going over see what it looks like
long as its not pitted its fine

looking for 172 cup
how bads the block.
get a sanding block with some fine wet and dry, oil the wet and dry paper and give it a good going over see what it looks like
long as its not pitted its fine

thanks mate will try that :)