ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Found some creamy s**t in oil and oil in the water and like all at the top of the water tank.
I know this possibly means its on its way out or its gone :(

the amount what was there isn't that bad i guess but its still worrying and a horrible feeling when you find it

I phoned garage up so he can look at it tomorrow and he asked if there was pressure when taking the cap off the water i couldnt remember so i said dont know.

Taken it a run round let engine run for abit took cap off and there was pressure

Is this good or bad if theres pressure?

Also how much will a new gasket set me back im skint at the min might have to sell it:(

Do you just use it for short runs round town or longer runs to different places?

If it's just short runs then you might not get a chance to burn off any moisture that might form in it. (Only a small amount should be there, mind!)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Some days i just use it for work and back which is about a 10 mile run but sometimes go to girlfirends which is usually a 20 mile run from work,
I had a problem where i was loosing water n had a burny smell that turned out to be thermostat n then not had a problem since till i juslt looked under bonet and noticed it

Mondeo TDCI 130
If it isn't using water i very much doubt the gasket has gone.

Very usual for the 1.2 to have a creamy cap, also you will always have pressure when you take the top off to an extent after driving ( you shouldn't do it, water is under pressure as it boil's at a higher temp, opening it can cause it to boil over you, i know a person who burnt himself to f**k doing the same on a car he was ragging around the field, hospitalised like)

Don't let the garage stitch you, if the coolant level is ok and it is clean i am sure your worrying about nothing!

After the stat, it doesnt still use water?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Does it get mega hot on the gauge when driving normally ?

Do you ever drive over 2500RPM ?

Go for a nice long drive .. half hour or so. After 15 mins, make sure it's driven properly... use all the revs (legal speeds, obviously...)... get it properly warm (keeping an eye on the temp gauge - if that rockets, stop driving!!!!).

Go home, let it cool and check for 'cream' after it's cooled a bit. Probably nothing to worry about as above, it's a common fault with them. Check water levels before/after your drive too. If it's not using any, there's not a problem.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
If it isn't using water i very much doubt the gasket has gone.

Very usual for the 1.2 to have a creamy cap, also you will always have pressure when you take the top off to an extent after driving ( you shouldn't do it, water is under pressure as it boil's at a higher temp, opening it can cause it to boil over you, i know a person who burnt himself to f**k doing the same on a car he was ragging around the field, hospitalised like)

Don't let the garage stitch you, if the coolant level is ok and it is clean i am sure your worrying about nothing!

After the stat, it doesnt still use water?

After the stat was fitted and the water had settled when the engine hasnt been running the water level was on max but when engine was warm and running the water would rise above maximum was told thats ok and its normal so thought nothing more of it kept checking level and always been same since

The coolant isnt clean though you can see the oil in the water and there all oil around the top of the water tank

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Does it get mega hot on the gauge when driving normally ?

Do you ever drive over 2500RPM ?

Go for a nice long drive .. half hour or so. After 15 mins, make sure it's driven properly... use all the revs (legal speeds, obviously...)... get it properly warm (keeping an eye on the temp gauge - if that rockets, stop driving!!!!).

Go home, let it cool and check for 'cream' after it's cooled a bit. Probably nothing to worry about as above, it's a common fault with them. Check water levels before/after your drive too. If it's not using any, there's not a problem.

The gauge is always about a mm above the halfway mark lol n i usually drive over 2500rpm