ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head gaskets

Do a williams and a 2.0l megane use the same head gaskets? Been told they do, but was told by Nick Hill i need a williams one.

Anyone shed some light?

probably the same lookin, but the williams one is more likely to be multi layer or stronger or whatever to cope with the extra pressure... havent got a clue what im on about really with the willy engine but i know with ford engines loads of the gaskets are the same but the different powers require different gaskets..

listen to nick hill.

Nick didnt say they were the same, i didnt ask. He just said i need a williams one, and ive later heard that its the same as a 2.0l megane.

Dont wanna get the megane one fitted then it blow!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

although the clio and the megane engine are near enough the same there are still differences so get a clio gasket to be on the safe side.

Nick Hill as in...Hill Power ?

And No, the Megane HeadGasket is not for use with the Williams. (found out after alot of research).

Not JUST an RT Owner ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 06 December 2003

iirc the heads are different between the willy n megan coupe!!
WHAT I SAID!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Funkmaster, cheers mate. And yeah as in hillpower.

Smokey i know the heads are different but i am not asking that am i mate? I am using a megane bottom end and a 16v head and now a williams gasket. So not quite as simple as your answer.

Cheers

Tony

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

how come your using a megane block and a 16v head.there both 16v f engines(i am assuming the bottem end is a 2l)so what will you gain?

Just spoke to the good pople at bb and they said that williams and megane head gaskets are only slightly different if at all and wouldnt be a prob fitting them to the other engine.