ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head light resto?

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Lads i've done a big f**k up & i need some advice pls, My headlights on the 1*2 looked shite, gone all yellow and and needed a refurb.So i gave them a good sanding down with 1500 then 2000, then 2500, I got them looking loads better, Then i fucked them up without knowing it yet, By giving them a blast over with 2k clear acrylic lacquer, And they looked ace, So i left them in the garage for a day or two before whacking them back on the car, When pissed down a few days later, the whole lot went a milky colour , with milky spots all over the lights , But asoon as it started to dry up, the lights went crystal clear again, They've done this a few times now , so i whipped the of the clio today, and started sanding f**k out of them again.....So chaps my question is, what do i use after sanding ?, what do you guys use ..?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The milky colour is the result of not 100% dry lacquer and then exposure to moisture.

We get it with the smart repair guy. If it rains shortly after he’s been and painted a bumper corner, milky galore.

Do the same again but leave them to dry in your house for a few days before refitting them.

Or sack the lacquer off and ceramic coat them.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Daniel thanks for your reply pal. i'm gonna sack the 2k off and try Meguiars headlight coating. And yes i'll leave the lights in the house for a good few days, Thanks again pal.

DanceMonkey

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS 200 cup
The Cerakote kit works well and includes ceramic coating wipes, costs about £25-30 and enough in the kit to do the headlights twice or just split the kit with someone else