ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head phones

Barge
Like this.... <3
lowrider_blue-white.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Sony MDR V700 (only about £60 now-i paid over £100 for mine!) or Pioneer HDJ 1000. Job done.:cool:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No really, they are great for tube use.

And they have the remote, so im not pissed off.

Barge
Ex had some Bose ones. Pretty snazzy. I couldn't really get away with them, they don't stay in my ears as my buds are so tiny.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
They are actually VERY s**t.

iGrado tbh

Another vote for these!

Apart from the badge falling off after a couple of weeks and the cord getting tangled like f**k... they absolutely destroy the previous Koss, Seinhessier's, Sony's that I've had before in terms of quality. They've just lasted forever :) (although I would say Koss PortaPro probably have had the best bass I've heard)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They are iGrado's

Not great if you intend to keep music private.

ok ive had a look around and not really liking the igrado's or the skullcap's
quite like Sony MDR V700 and the bose want something with a bit of quality and good sound clarity

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
imo, do not get Sony! I've been through many pairs in my time. In order...

Koss = Brilliant bass, amazed me. However, blew them in just two weeks. My friend bought a pair after hearing mine however and his are still going strong, maybe I was just unlucky.

Sennheiser = Pretty good. However blew after about a month, bought another pair, blew them again, so decided to change.

Sony = Awful. Terrible buid quality, just couldn't keep with them. Left speaker kept buzzing had to punch it to stop it, frustration got rid of these after a few months.

Grado = Have lastest longer than all of those four pairs put together! Far from perfect but they're an absolute bargain for how long they've lasted me. Must be three years now and still as good as the day I got them. Have no intention what so ever to change :)

Clio RS 200 cup chassis
personnally I would go for shure 100%. I have 2 pairs in 5 years. The sound quality is absolutely fab.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
imo, do not get Sony! I've been through many pairs in my time. In order...

Sony = Awful. Terrible buid quality, just couldn't keep with them. Left speaker kept buzzing had to punch it to stop it, frustration got rid of these after a few months.

Really? You sure they weren’t the cheap & nasty imitations that are out floating about? Having had the opportunity to have used both, the shoddy materials/build and unsurprisingly piss poor sound quality of the fakes is in no way comparable to the genuine items.

Had mine (700mk2) for around 2 years for dj use and sound quality is still spot on. Output is through DJM600/str150+ortofon/pioneer cdjs, so is hardly s**t equipment.

Would however have to agree RE robustness of the lower hinge mounts-the pioneer 1000s are sturdier and have near zero sound leakage when worn. You will however pay around double the monies for the privilege.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well again I was maybe just unlucky with the pair I bought, but they drove me mad! SAying that though, the Sony Ericsson headphones I've had with my phones haven't been too bad.

A pair I forgot, I also had some Kam's, which are pathetic! So quiet and zilch bass levels :(

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
A pair I forgot, I also had some Kam's, which are pathetic! So quiet and zilch bass levels :(

+1, if their 'fisherprice' dj gear is anything to go off, total waste of monies :dead:

Kayzee i'd seriously suggest trying a set of the pioneers mate. I'd put money on you liking them-frequency response is spot on considering theyre not designated studio cans.

Clio 182 with cup kits
Sennheiser do a massive range of very good headphones from about £50 to £1500 also Grado very good. Depends what you want, how much your'll listen to music through them and how good your equipment is. MP3 shite(compressed) don't bother spending big money. If you own a decent cd player £500 upwards then yes it's worth it.

Titanium 182
Sennheiser for quality at home, Skullcandy for out and about (Lifetime warranty is ace if you do active stuff like snowboarding skating etc).

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
+1, if their 'fisherprice' dj gear is anything to go off, total waste of monies :dead:

Kayzee i'd seriously suggest trying a set of the pioneers mate. I'd put money on you liking them-frequency response is spot on considering theyre not designated studio cans.

Cool never listened to Pioneer headphones so would certainly give it a go. I'll wait until my Grados die though... if they ever do :D

A red missile
Bought some sennheiser's for work, sound good but grip my head really tight.

Have Bose quiet comfort2's for listening at home/drowning out jet engines on long hauls - sound quality is excellent but thats mostly due to the lack of background shoite.

For gaming (which I do WAY too much) its creative fata1ty's all the way, so comfy and the mic is good for screaming ventrilo/teamspeak abuse at people - or pretending to work in a call centre, the choice is yours really - oh and the sound is good, they take a lot of abuse without distorting.

ps. the skull candy jobs look good.....hmmm

R26.r #156
I have just spent the last 14years dj-ing everywhere. For me the best all rounders, on the plane, in the studio for checking mixes etc etc are the Senheisser HD25, not the sp's. They are awesomley accurate, great exterior sound deadners (sp), comfy, and you can get spare parts for all the bits on them, ear cups leads etc etc. They are expensive but well worth it.... imho ;-)

A quick google:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca..._catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4#ps-sellers

B

Ben^

^^^ I agree! Senheisser HD25's are the best imo. I had Pioneer HDJ1000's before which were equally as good sound wise but s**t build quality and I dropped them once whilst playing at a bar and SNAP went the head band.

HD25 FTW

Skull Candy ones look like something you would get with the fisher price tape recorder!!!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
tbh this is all irrlevant, you need to give a budget to get a decent answer, and you need to stpulate if you want earphones or headphones.