ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HEAD REPLACEMENT

right shortly ill be gettign a scrap head and giving it to an engineer guy i know to do the nasty on, i think polishing gas flowing etc etc, i dunno but its all the head work, and its gonna cost about £300, what i wanna know is it a big job switching the heads over when the time comes. does the engine need to be stripped.

cheers j.

if its the same head ( as would normally happen, but your other posts (not here) are conflicting) then its a straight swap. Youll need to clean up the mating faces and a new gasket.

Dead simple job.

And before he sets out with the polishing wheel, tell him its not a good idea.

Any specifics on the valve geometry your going to run?

I agree with BenR. Might be a good idea to get it skimmed so it definitely sits flush on the block and raise the compression a bit (dont know what it is as standard). Dont forget to get a new set of gaskets (head, exhaust, inlet, and cam cover) because reusing old ones is always a bit dodgy.

FRST and 106 GTi

For better flow wouldnt be better to go first on a wilder cam? with some more valve lift.

its better VFM.

Speak to Andy at Grey Devil Industries (do a net search)

I bet they could reprofile your cam or find one for you. They are reasonably priced and you get a discount on labour if you are a member.