ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head Unit Alpine CDA-9855R

172 Mk2 Ph1

Want to get this head unit. Ipod adaptors to. Been offered a stalk control that is made by alpine, but it costs £70! Is there a cheaper one for a 55 reg Clio 182 as the ones on car audio seem to only say they are for older clios?

Also Does this Alpine Head unit/Ipod adaptor charge the Ipod when plugged in?

Thanks.

Alex.

lol ive been to look at one of these head units today , but i want to keep the stalk n display , aparantly this unit does , the guy i spoke to today is ringing me back on monday to confirm!

172 Mk2 Ph1

The question I was asking is do you have to fork out £70 for the Alpie adaptor or is there a cheaper generic one? It can be done with the alpine adaptor.

PS the head unit in the shop was at £450, he offered it to me for £400 but its £300 on car audio direct, so thats where ill be getting it from.

172 Mk2 Ph1

Yes it is possible, and the part you need is Alpine KCE-840B Renault Steering (OEM) wheel interface. Its £49.99 for msc-direct.

So thats Ipod INterface, steering controls, Apline head unit, all for £389!... bargain...