ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Alpine CDA-9855R

172 Mk2 Ph1

Want to get this head unit. Ipod adaptors to. Been offered a stalk control that is made by alpine, but it costs £70! Is there a cheaper one for a 55 reg Clio 182 as the ones on car audio seem to only say they are for older clios?

Also Does this Alpine Head unit/Ipod adaptor charge the Ipod when plugged in?

Thanks.

Alex.

lol ive been to look at one of these head units today , but i want to keep the stalk n display , aparantly this unit does , the guy i spoke to today is ringing me back on monday to confirm!

172 Mk2 Ph1

The question I was asking is do you have to fork out £70 for the Alpie adaptor or is there a cheaper generic one? It can be done with the alpine adaptor.

PS the head unit in the shop was at £450, he offered it to me for £400 but its £300 on car audio direct, so thats where ill be getting it from.

172 Mk2 Ph1

Yes it is possible, and the part you need is Alpine KCE-840B Renault Steering (OEM) wheel interface. Its £49.99 for msc-direct.

So thats Ipod INterface, steering controls, Apline head unit, all for £389!... bargain...