ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit, Best Value?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Need a new headunit, following spec:

• iPod compatiable (fully, as in can control ipod whilst its in the glove box)
  • 4x50W (lower by a tiny bit if necessary)
  • Pre-out for 1 amp
Cheap is good, but i dont want crap, i've been looking at the following two...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde101rm-p-7165.html?cadid=770iv27jnhh3u7r1b2dleoslr2

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6362.html

Also, where would everyone advise buying from? No one seems to do free delivery and prices seem to be EXTREMELY varied!

Cheers.

sound quality and clarity are far superior,rms figures are much higher with alpine-ive never had an alpine unit back should tell you something about reliability

matt

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
Alpine have made loads and the quality is just so much better, i have a Alpine headunit with ipod connection and it charges my ipod and lets me go through my ipod using the headunit

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok cheers, the only b**ch seems to be the price of the cable, plus delivery, takes it above what i wanted to pay!

Best place for good prices and not ridiculous delivery?

Ok cheers, the only b**ch seems to be the price of the cable, plus delivery, takes it above what i wanted to pay!

Best place for good prices and not ridiculous delivery?

you can use your original ipod lead and plug it in providing it has a usb connection to it.

how much you looking at altogether to spend?

delivery shouldnt be more than 10 tbh to cover delivery and packaging,etc

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wasnt looking at going more than 120, but its looking like 135 or so, Ya55er, cheers for the link, thing is one of the main things that attracted me to this unit is that is orange, so goes well with the interior!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks a lot you 2, really helped me out, think i'm gonna go for that deal with the cable for 100. As far as i can see, apart from not being orange, its pretty much the same.