ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit / CD Player that doesnt have annoying 2 seconds gaps between tracks?

RS Clio 182
Anyone know of any decent car cd players that doesnt have that 2 second gap between track when playing a mix CD? I really dont know why they program them to do this....my old 182 Cabasse unit didnt do it..

p.s. looking specifically for an R26

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just an idea but what I use is my phone with Spotify and connects to the head unit via Bluetooth. The first and last 5 seconds of tracks are mixed together (cross faded) so there is never a gap.

Im a huge fan of cd for quality but you can't beat the ease of use if Spotify and Bluetooth.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Pioneer have a feature called mixtrack which sounds like what you are after

RS Clio 182
Just an idea but what I use is my phone with Spotify and connects to the head unit via Bluetooth. The first and last 5 seconds of tracks are mixed together (cross faded) so there is never a gap.

Im a huge fan of cd for quality but you can't beat the ease of use if Spotify and Bluetooth.

This is for playing proper CDs though - i have loads of old mix cds that i want to listen to in the car but every track has a 2 second gap in,so i need to change system.

Isn't the gap between tracks decided when the CD is burnt? I think some sofware will let you choose the length of gap (MediaMonkey?) and some will not, can't remember if itunes or Mediaplayer do or not.

Edit; itunes

1542539835313.png

Attachments

• 1542539660167.png
    1542539660167.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
  RS Clio 182
Isn't the gap between tracks decided when the CD is burnt? I think some sofware will let you choose the length of gap (MediaMonkey?) and some will not, can't remember if itunes or Mediaplayer do or not.

Edit; itunes

View attachment 1395460

No im not talking about burnt CDs - these are proper CDs ive bought - the system in my old Clio 200 had the 2 second gap and now my R26 does.

Theres no option to turn it off either - theyre just been programmed that way.